or Connect

Posts by skeptic

New with tags, Our Legacy Alpaca V-neck sweater, size small (labeled S/46). I'm selling this because it's a little large on me. The color is a camel/beige mélange with natural color flecks from the alpaca yarn. Made in Portugal. 50% alpaca, 30% wool, 20% acrylic. Very soft! Measurements: pit-to-pit: 19 3/4" waist: 18 1/2" length (from back of collar to hem): 25 3/4" total sleeve length (as in dress shirt measurement): 33" $135 > $120 >$110 > 100 > $90...
I own two shoes on the 348 last in 9.5 E and the Chukka in 10 D (UK sizes) in the snuff suede. The Chukka is definitely a width narrower than the 348's. I tried on 9.5 D in the Chukka; it's certainly shorter--tight enough in the toebox that I sized up. As far as I can tell, the E width is close to US D (depending on the last) and the D close to C (all depends again). I can measure the outsoles and insoles if you wish, but it's dicey as the above poster mentioned. The...
I just read this notice on Bodiley's and Pediwear: IMPORTANT NOTICE! In the past year, and increasingly during the last 6 months, the demand for Crockett & Jones footwear has escalated significantly. This is due to the underlying strength of the brand and the ongoing investments they have been making in product development, marketing and retail worldwide. As a result, there is a backlog of orders and delayed deliveries. Therefore, regretfully, we will not be accepting...
Kiosk has some new markdowns. Peggs and Son has been on sale for a while.
You won't be charged customs if the declared value is less than $200 (assuming they don't reassess it ), that's right. Any duties apply to the value that exceeds that amount.
US has $200 exemption (only $100 for gifts?!) for duties through the mail.
Calvary calf...sounds blasphemous. Cavalry calf on the other hand may be C&J's term for corrected grain leather.
Carpet beetles (and other insects) also love wool garments and are responsible for most clothing damage according to the EPA. Shake and brush the garment and I'd eventually clean everything to kill any larvae. That cedar blocks kills moth larvae is a myth as far as I know. It's actually the oil in the wood that's responsible but must be in high enough concentrations.
^^ They deducted VAT at checkout when I ordered a few months ago.
Sorry, drbaw. So it was you who took the 28, Seventy!