or Connect

Posts by SuitedDx

The old E82 definitely fit me well while the new E82 requires me to wear thicker sox. As a result, I have to stick with boots should I use the new E82. Unfortunate as the older fit was better for me.
Pebble uppers are great for situations where shoes might get wet. I have a pair of BB/AE PTB that are sleek enough to pass. I have a number of Dainite shoes too that fit the bill. If you wear black or dark brown I'm sure your shoes will be fine after a polish. I actually have a theory (probably not true) that shoes polish better after some rain... kinda like the water mixes with the wax so when you polish it sets in better. Maybe just my rationalization when I'm around...
Thanks for the feedback. I've heard it's not practical to buy but I'm curious as to what the shops are like there. I know Lobb opened a boutique there and I wonder if the new styles are actually selling.
Bringing back an old thread! I'll probably be in Moscow this fall for the first time. From what I've read, window shopping is more realistic than actually buying something?
Would you say the SP is just as wide as the U last?Mr. Kuti explained that the toe is more generous.
I'm actually strongly considering a Vass WC in black for the same type of events. I wear suits often though so I'll get pretty regular wear from them. I used to have C&J Alex but I found the heel to be rather shallow.For Vass I'm looking at the SP last (rumor has it that's it has a lower instep) and maybe go with my F size (half size down from U).I'm also considering the Wildsmith Regent (http://www.wildsmith.com/regent-black-oxford#.V0XYvvkrKJA) made by AS. I find...
I think there's seller's reputation is a big thing. The concern is always if something goes south how will the seller handle things. For example, when buying from eBay, even new, if there was damage or something, it's a hassle dealing with eBay/PayPal claims and all that. When there's a store (e.g., skoak, AFPoS, Leffot, etc.) usually there is a direct connection with the manufacturer, who can alleviate the issue. The former does not have that connection. As such, a second...
With all the skyrocketing prices I've slowly lost my desire to keep up with the cool shoe kids. I'm surprised G&G's refurb is around 400 GBP. Typically refurb/resole prices are 1/3 of the retail. I might have to try to see how AS does their resole as their price-point is much friendlier. In regards to Lobb, I'm glad that boat has since left for me. I tried a variety of their lasts but eventually gave up on them. I only have a pair of Ashley loafers and the only other...
Totally well aware of the Alden shell demand... hence why I've still kept most of my whiskey, cigar, and ravello shoes and boots. In regards to the Derwents... I did get them at discount MANY moons ago. Discounted EG... remember when those happened?
@lucci, sincerely, good luck with the sale. I think many of us eventually decide to move shoes and hope to (at least) break even, or close to it. If you find a buyer, that's great and both parties will be happy. Many I believe are just trying to give a realistic view of the market (and not specifically giving you a hard time). In trust, unless you have Alden whiskey, Ravello, or cigar, resale will incur a loss, even when the shoes are brand new. I think I can pull a...