or Connect

Posts by SuitedDx

I echo the sentiment of the ESB. I went once when I visited NYC and now that I live here, haven't been back inside. I agree the Statue/Ellis Island is worth the trip, especially if you have interests in history or various cultures. Been to Japan once and it also amazed me how clean it was when I was there. At the hotel, staff with white gloves were using tongs to pick up dirt off the floor. Unfortunately I was with family on a tour so I couldn't really check out the...
BBBF typically do 2 buttons with a fair amount of distance between them. I had 2 placed on a seersucker suit to change it up; however, all my other jackets have 4.
WOOLRICH JRB Dark Gold Arctic Parka MADE IN USA: Style: 8243IT; Color: Dark Gold;Size: Small; Water-resistant Teflon DWR Shell: 60% cotton/40% nylon; Lining: 100% nylon; Insulation: 550 fill - 80% duck down, 20% feathers; Durable YKK two-way zipper with button flap;Coyote fur ruff permanently attached; Adjustable drawstring at the waist; Fleece-lined pockets. $350 $325 $300 [[SPOILER]] SOLDWOOLRICH JRB Teton Cordura Stretch Parka Small; Style #WO1230; Retail: $950; Shell:...
I down't own any of the shirts as they're too casual/out there for me. The pants are nice and made well. The rise is longer which is a nice contrast to my low rise suit pants (i.e., RLBL).
Sad they don't have BBBF at Madison anymore... the suit section got totally gutted... not sure if I'm liking the new set-up.
Anyone know quickly what's the difference? The American I believe is obviously made in USA; however, the DF costs $170 more. Insight on the difference would be appreciated!
Too bad you're not my size. I actually have 5 of Alden's LWB. I've tried to talk myself into selling 2-3 of them as I don't get enough wear with all of them, in addition to my other shoes.G&G and EG totally fits my office wear though. EG are definitely more versatile while my G&G tends to work better with my more Italian/slimmer suits.
I didn't know Jermyn St. had the option of using Royal Mail/Parcel Force... I always thought they did DHL. Might have to try this next time.
Ah, I better understand your perspective. I'm sure there's some algorithm about setting prices but it's not my area so I'm ignorant about it. I know some brands, Alden and EG for example, have weight as to how much prices are set. Maybe this is more informally agreed upon with other makers?Pediwear has been good to me and I bought my first few pairs of C&J from them almost a decade ago.
It's a bit insolent to suggest a conspiracy among various retailers colluding to manipulate the prices. There's usually a general market rate and everyone gravitates towards it. Tricker's is a fairly popular brand so there's really no benefit for retailers to put them on sale. Of course a retailer would sell much more but why cut their profit margin unless they have to? The same situation happens with Alden, (most) C&J, EG, etc. Cheaney and AS are very good makers that do...