or Connect

Posts by DpprDr

It's may not be a logical point since a topy is only glued to the outsole, but I have heard of a factory that refused to do a resole even with just a topy (not sure if it's Grenson or someone else). I'd double check with JL. Please disregard my above comment if you've had JL resoled even when previously with a topy.
Agree. It's definitely a last = foot resemblance factor.The pictured black wholecut shape is really nice although I've never really been a fan of such a tight waist (not sure if this is the right term) on the heel. G&G's waist is probably the narrowest I'd go. I know some Japanese makers cut them closer though.@cleav Just finally checked out your tumbr! Excellent brown & blue combinations!
Yup, we're both in agreement. If my instep was higher I could handle those... I think Vass makes an excellent wholecut except I have the instep issue. I need revisions.
If the original owner is in NYC, I can see there to be more wear than average. JR soles are fairly durable though. When I lived in NYC, I covered 4-6 miles daily in my smart shoes (literally).Is that the current price for shell? I thought it was higher. The last time I had something made (albeit it was a boot in whiskey shell) it was well >$1K and that was some time ago.I'd prefer not to comment on an "appropriate" price for another SF's listing (I respect that listers can...
Those are not just a pair of boots... they are a pair of boots with green lining in an attempted juxtoposition... oh hell, I really don't know what I'm talking about... Thanks uncle! Always good to see you browsing through other threadsColors chestnut and dark oak?Today:EGxRL Clayton
Excellent observation with the heel's practicality
besides the shade of the dots, I find Dainite more dense (maybe rigid) than JL's version which appears to be more pliable.
I personally don't although I know others have expressed tightness around the toebox.
Sorry dude, almost missed to respond. These are actually the C&J Somervilles I've had posted. Since I had them around still I figure to include them to compare C&J's HM brown to others.Shannons in a rainy day:
Same last? Some lasts are tighter for me (also older Lobb)