or Connect

Posts by DpprDr

I actually find my Vass lasted trees to fit the shoes well except on the vamp area. For my U lasted shoes, the vamp looks tout but you can press down to actually see how much space is there before it "molds" to the tree; however, it does its job since it keeps the leather tense.I have a different experience with my AS shoes. I only have the 724 but all the trees fill the shoes well.I agree that my G&G lasted trees really fill the shoes. I find them to fit the best.EG are...
Yes, AS Exclusive. I also think AS Country range is very good; I do not have any HG at this point so I cannot comment yet.
Personally, as one who wears UK 6F in AS, I find it to have good room a the ball with a tight waist and good heel cup fit. For the price, it is a good value. They are just gaining steam since they had some organizational changes many years ago but for the past few years they have established a good business model (at least from my perspective as a customer). Their leather is not as nice as G&G and their burnishing is not as creative as EG, but again, those are hundreds...
AS just does not have the marketing as C&J. The AS Exclusive is viewed well and the HG is more towards the EG/G&G/JL end of the spectrum. I prefer EG and G&G because of the last fit but I do prefer AS over C&J, especially the 724 last of AS.golfinz: FYI I think you can get banned for posting sale items outside of the B&S threads.
Full resole can cost around $100 if done locally (e.g., B. Nelson) or around $400 (e.g., G&G, EG, JL) via the factory. Some would argue that HW is the 'best option' but you should read through the leather and shoe care thread to develop a better understanding. You can stick with Barkers or even shoes from Payless if you want to just wear shoes and not worry about longevity. If you work in certain fields, do business with certain individuals, or fancy shoes for their...
My whiskey boots are closer to my whiskey PTB... this varies a lot though due to batches since my recent LWB is more "yellow" than my PTB. My ravellos have a deeper red hue. I wish I had those ravello NST boots It depends what you want and preference. G&G does the finishing (which some love/hate) on crust and Vass uses aniline, which has a different look. G&G has more aggresive lasts while Vass has a pretty wide range. The GYW vs. HW topic has been discussed so there is no...
Wow, LS sale moved fast...missed out on the 6F. I wonder if I can fit into 5.5F in the classic last if I'm a US 7...probably not
6.5E? I assume that's their narrow size. wow, I'm a US 7D (6.5E in EG and G&G) and I thought 6F in SC would fit. Are they that much longer?Good to know. I got rid of many shoes because the cup is too shallow. Thanks.
Can someone provide input on how the heel cup (unfortunately I do not know the correct term) fit of SC is like? I tend to favor higher cups such as G&G and EG because they prevent slippage from lower heel cups such as C&J and the JL 8K last. Anyone have opinions about this detail? Thanks. I assume general proportions are within standard ranges when it comes to sizes (meaning not specific lasts are not REALLY long or REALLY wide)? I think the standard round toe and the...
Thanks y'all!