or Connect

Posts by DpprDr

I'm definitely impressed with EG's use of Horween. It's really a dressier version of Alden's thicker, more casual bluchers.
The Wolburns next to the Falkirks are chestnut so it's pretty closeThere's burnished quite a bit and I might have to bleach the dyes out. Do it!
Did someone mention something about light color?: The Falkirks compared to my other "tan" shoes: Interestingly they were burnished more than I thought Edwardian would be like but I guess I'll need to work some magic to lighten things up. The leather on these are much better than the leather used on my dark oak Shannons (the latter were much firmer/stiffer...more than my usual EG expectations). Thanks @Leaves
here are mine new: Worn:
If it helps, these are my old pair: For the soles, the lifts likely need replacing but the OP has to judge the wear on the forefoot.
I typically wear bals (oxfords or Shannons) but I wear my Galways with suits on rainly/snowy days.They'll lighten up. Crust is great like that. I just ease on the cleaner on the toes/counter area.
Great boots! My pair were from the batch before you but they've lightened up with wear:Interesting you're in Bath. My wife went to boarding school at Stonar(?) which I believe is around there.
@Leaves, saw your response about socks; I didn't know Happy Socks were from Sweden...I do have to admit that the name is ironic given the prevalent myth that Swedes (and neighboring countries) have higher rates of depression.Also, thanks for the pearl gray picture. Would the "pearl" be the term to get the motting on my pair?: [[SPOILER]] Your SJ's look purdy...
Hey prof, I think my Falkirks are chilling with your purchase. Hopefully I get my pair at the end of the week/next week.
Normal EG size and dress socks (albeit the thicker ones like Happy Socks).