or Connect

Posts by spectre

Quote: Originally Posted by The False Prophet What's the damage on a Laurastar? And where can they be had from in Oz? (Also, nice work on the Finamores - quality shirts, and they look great without the stays, though those super-thin ones they come with aren't really too obstructive). Laurastars vary from around $500 to $2500 - basically the irons do the same job but as you go up in price you get more bells and whistles and at the top...
I hate striped socks with a passion. In nine or 10 years I don't think I've ever had a jacket or suit dry cleaned. I've had them pressed after brushing occasionally, but I'm seriously paranoid about dry cleaners. I iron all my own shirts with a Laurastar, which is good for steaming the jackets from time to time. Taking the collar stays out of the Barbas and Finamores might be a good idea. I never go a day without shaving and every woman I've spoken to says...
How are ties holding up in the modern world - and in the SF world? Has anyone decided to wear them less - or are you wearing them more for that matter? Do you wear them now only for specific occasions, are you wearing them less for work in favour of maybe a jacket and just a pocket square? Or are you actually buying more? Personally in summer which is very hot in Melbourne, I'm wearing them a lot less, but I always wear a lightweight jacket. In winter I'm...
Be careful Foo - the Manhattan crowds will soon be baying for your blood if you go out in public and they see you with the one shoe that is not the one shoe that illustrates your one shoe shoe policy.
Quote: Originally Posted by samurai My guideline is buy fewer items, buy only the best quality, never get rid of them. The rest will take care of itself. I have to point out that there are various levels of "carelessness" to be considered. I am not comfortable with going beyond the "gently worn" level. I just can't be comfortable with very rumpled jackets, things frayed beyond a certain point, or shoes that are really scuffed up. I feel the look should...
Definitely interested
I bought a great suit from napolistyleoutlet on ebay...there is also another seller there but I forget the name. Just do a search. Unfortunately Sartorio seems to have dried up but you might want to check from time to time.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Isn't the key just to let your clothes get old and worn? For a lot of SFers, I think that means buying fewer, higher quality items that will last long enough. This has the advantage of keeping you from looking too fashion-conscious, like a Bergdorf salesperson. Too me, looking too fashionable is just another way of looking too 'perfect'. I absolutely agree with this and I think I have the quality to let...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar Why do you want to look perfect? The best part of a look is to look natural , not forced upon somebody or artifical.. Some people on this site are coming on this site to get some perfect combo they can copy... Fashion is not about copying but inspiring people.. Be yourself and adapt the things you love to your personality.. Jeez... Im NOT saying I look perfect or want to look perfect, just that I look too...