or Connect

Posts by spectre

Okay, I think I knew that but forgot. Then he should wear ties.
Mossrockss Looks like you are having a wonderful time. I like your fits a lot, they remind me of the styles I used to see in Esquire and GQ in the 1960s, when they were good, but you have them updated and a little Italian thrown in to go with the American staples, which I think suit you perfectly. But I also love your photos. You have great skills and these pics are a joy to see, especially the one in the back garden (nice "yard") with the bicycles. That's a gem. What...
Monkeyface - if you're going to stop wearing ties at least have the decency to wear a sport coat and not a suit. Tieless suits make you look like every other no hoper out there who still hasn't got over the dreadful fad which started 15 years ago. It just looks plain careless and untidy too. I will assume you don't have white sneakers ready for the commute to work.
Yeah, I do agree they could be a bit wider. Too late now. Bad photography plus chest a bit larger than bottom half probably distorts image. Looks okay in real life.I think half shots like Gerry does would definitely give a better representation so I will try those in future.EDIT: My wife agrees about the pants and I have previously floated the idea of letting them out with my tailor. Need to check how much room is available but there are a lot of pants so I have put off...
Pliny...I refuse to give up my position as the thread's self-appointed curmudgeon. Silk knits and grenadines...probably both about the same. I like them both too, just find myself reaching for grenadines more. I have patterned ties I wear like Cappellis but they are all subtle in the range of tchoy's. My suits and coats are pretty much the same as his too but I do have grey POW suits in both flannel and tropical worsted which are about as FU as the Goldfinger suit. He...
Thanks and yes, you are crazy but so am I because I have no contrast at all - grey suit, grey tie and dark brown suede loafers.Who cares? I think we both look fabulous.
Chalk stripe suit has normal structure. Tie with bone jacket is navy cashmere. Need to improve photography skills...
Somehow I don't think there's enough contrast here between the colour of the tie and shoes and that of the suit. Nice otherwise. I had a brief fling with (double) monks but now can't stand them, but I run hot and cold on lots of things.
And you lot criticise me for my wardrobe of (mainly) solids !I agree with all of the above but would add a couple of navy suits, blue and white striped shirts (you probably meant those), grenadine instead of knit for more versatility and swap the light brown shoes for a slightly darker burnt chestnut with a little dark detailing on the toes. You need suede shoes in dark brown too. Everyone does.
Okay, you get it, same concept. I think the issue was when I shot mine I had just thrown it over more formal shirt etc I was wearing because I was in a rush.