or Connect

Posts by spectre

Definitely interested
I bought a great suit from napolistyleoutlet on ebay...there is also another seller there but I forget the name. Just do a search. Unfortunately Sartorio seems to have dried up but you might want to check from time to time.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Isn't the key just to let your clothes get old and worn? For a lot of SFers, I think that means buying fewer, higher quality items that will last long enough. This has the advantage of keeping you from looking too fashion-conscious, like a Bergdorf salesperson. Too me, looking too fashionable is just another way of looking too 'perfect'. I absolutely agree with this and I think I have the quality to let...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar Why do you want to look perfect? The best part of a look is to look natural , not forced upon somebody or artifical.. Some people on this site are coming on this site to get some perfect combo they can copy... Fashion is not about copying but inspiring people.. Be yourself and adapt the things you love to your personality.. Jeez... Im NOT saying I look perfect or want to look perfect, just that I look too...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola Are you saying you look like a six year old dressed by his mother? I hope not. I'm not sure how more clearly to put it. I think I just need to look a little more rumpled. Apparently it's hard to explain...maybe a bit like Lucky Strike and his great 20-year-old Loakes which are so shiny but so obviously old and well cared for. I'm not sure I've got the time left for that unfortunately. As I've...
PG Very interesting about you giving up ties. Do you miss them or do you feel more freedom? Of course I understand the heat issue.
Quote: Originally Posted by ginlimetonic I think its arrogant for someone to think they look perfect, such that they need to tone it down a bit for others to make themselves feel even better. Theres imperfections in everyone.. my tailor told me my right arm is half an inch longer than my left.. I think you misunderstand. I don't think I look too perfect and I don't want to look too perfect. My wife thinks I look too well put together,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dr Huh? I think some of you guys are missing what the OP is asking here. I don't think he's saying that he is perfect, rather that he might look like someone who is trying too hard to look good. I think he's saying he wants to achieve a look that is more effortless. Not "Wow, you must have spent hours in front of the mirror!". That's it exactly. For example, all my beloved MTM Corneliani jackets are around...
I care about the way I look - but according to my wife I look a little bit too put together. I know what she means but I'm unsure how to wear my clothes with more "disrespect." I have a friend who wears the same stuff - MTM Italian suits etc and he treats his things like crap - tosses them in a heap on a chair all day long etc but when he wears them they look much more a part of him. He has the most creased linen jacket I've ever seen yet it looks great on. I,...