or Connect

Posts by spectre

Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt does what you wrote even make sense? Pleats or flat fronts are both fine. IMO, uncuffed trousers are not. Let me try to clarify it for you. "IMO" is the key isn't it? It's all just preference. How can you say cuffs are always correct, except on a dinner suit. Because you prefer cuffs you say uncuffed trousers are always wrong. Surely the same logic applies to someone who prefers pleats claiming...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt always cuffed unless they are formalwear. anybody who tells you something different is wrong. So, equally, according to your preference, anybody who tells you either pleats or flat fronts are correct is also just dead wrong??
I believe the socks could be navy blue, which I have moved towards a lot more. You'd be surprised how good they can look as a contrast instead of colour matching slavishly with pants. Navy blazer, suble blue/white striped or check shirt, solid navy tie and pale grey slacks with brown shoes and navy socks looks better, I think , than gray socks.
I'm not asking about detailed differences a connoisseur can spot...rather how much better you feel in a SR suit (or US or Italy) just BECAUSE it has this or that which Chan cannot or will not do.
Does Chan compare at all favourably with any of the well known bespoke tailors in the UK, USA or Italy? They are obviously a lot cheaper but for the extra money - three or four times as much for most - what do you REALLY get that is just so important. I'm talking about aspects of a suit which in practical terms make it that much better to wear than a Chan.
If that's too costly Land's End makes terrific mesh and pima soft cotton polos with no logos in navy and black among other colours. Not the same I know but looks similar and at about $25, they wear forever and ever.
Does anyone have any experience with both? I know Sator is a fan of Adamo Marrone and I understand his suits are priced at around $A2800. Chan I believe would be, for a two piece, around $A1600. Given there's an air fare and five or so days stay in Hong Kong the price would be a tie. But if you get the Chan (or A Man - that class) perfected, subsequent suits could be mailed, leaving the Hong Kong bespoke a lot cheaper. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of both ideas? ...
1. I think Sea Island cotton is now a myth. 2. The best option probably is to get the shirt you like the most from whichever shirtmaker you choose and have it copied by Jantzen - send it or even spend a few days in Hong Kong which will be cheaper in the long run if you intend having several made. Six Jantzen shirts x $60 = $360. Six Hemden shirts x 300 = $1800. six Jantzen shirts plus five days in Hong Kong = (about) $1300. Same goes for Chan or A Man bespoke suits. A...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stazy According to the Family and Consumer Science Research Journal, tests clearly show that people's judgement of clothing is affected by the age and body type of the wearer. This is of little suprise. However, this got me wondering if the opposite holds true. Are sartorially inclined gentlemen judged by others to be less aged and more fit than those who lack a stylish wardrobe? Something else to consider is whether or not...
Quote: Originally Posted by Python Thanks for the info - much appreciated. I will definitely pay Hemden a visit. With Hemden's shirts, is it just the collar which is fused, or collar and cuffs (the cuffs always seem to wear out first)? Do they have removable collar stays (which I prefer, since it makes ironing and washing easier)? Also, can they take special requests for cuffs (e.g. James Bond-style turnbacks, three-button barrel cuffs, etc.)? Also,...