or Connect

Posts by spectre

And you lot criticise me for my wardrobe of (mainly) solids !I agree with all of the above but would add a couple of navy suits, blue and white striped shirts (you probably meant those), grenadine instead of knit for more versatility and swap the light brown shoes for a slightly darker burnt chestnut with a little dark detailing on the toes. You need suede shoes in dark brown too. Everyone does.
Okay, you get it, same concept. I think the issue was when I shot mine I had just thrown it over more formal shirt etc I was wearing because I was in a rush.
You're right. I did a quick change and didn't have time to present it properly. I would have gone with different shirt, tie etc but was in a rush.What I will do soon is re shoot it with a comparison of a structured jacket.I'm not sure people get this concept so I will present a pic of the inside which shows this jackets is made of nothing but the fabric alone, except for light lining in the sleeves and a little around the shoulders. Not much more has been done to make it...
All good to know. Very much looking forward to the new shorter ones as the product is undoubtedly very classy.
There are a couple of things about your ties I have trouble with. I tie a half windsor and am 5ft 9in, not tall, but even with that knot if they were half an inch longer they would be unwearable for me. Also, I know you are supposed to unwrap the tie carefully when you take it off but I could never be bothered and just pull the smaller end through the knot so it unravels. But with yours I strike a big bump in the middle which requires an almighty yank.I think the...
I think HC is spot on about Viola Milano. I only have their silk and cashmere ties, but they are certainly beautifully made and have fabulous colour and pattern options.
You will be welcome, but you might have to spend a few years in an off-shore detention centre first.
Pliny - I'd add Viola Milano to your tie list. Their products are superbly made, better than Drakes and Cappelli IMO, although I have both those in my collection and love them as well.
You're right it has no shape because it is without structure of any sort. Like a heavy shirt if you will. It has a couple of inside pockets and lined sleeves for ease but nothing else so it sort of "flops".But it was designed for this and has turned out well. These things are very popular now in Italy but it does look shapeless. Fabulous to wear but limited to heavier fabrics whose heft alone gives it its only outline.
I lunch with him and Gerry regularly and I know he has been swamped with legal wear orders for a long time, so has had to steer away from shirts, suits and ties. In fact he is so flat out our lunch regimen is starting to sufferYou will know that Double Monk and Patrick Johnson are using Drakes and others for ties but can I suggest Johnson's spin off store The Suit Shop run by Matt in the city. This is where they produce their MTM line at an entry level price. I'm not...