or Connect

Posts by spectre

Clags, your tie thing fascinates me. I love wearing ties, even though I am retired and don't need to. I just feel really comfortable with them. I don't feel more relaxed without a tie in fact. I think most people who avoid them do so on the basis of their shirt collar being the wrong size ... or they don't want to look like rebels in today's horrible world of black pinstripe suits, open neck white polyester shirts and black duckbill shoes, matched with a black...
I have those Belgraves in snuff suede and love them. I realise the sport coat thing I wrote was confusing. What I had were two navy cashmere jackets and two in wool (I'm addicted to them) and then grey sport coats in a smallish houndstooth check, a similar one with a stronger navy windowpane overcheck, which looks great with grey flannels and a navy cashmere turtleneck - and a slightly darker herringbone grey coat. What I added were cashmere jackets in light grey and...
I'd wear a very deep navy sport coat with this and be perfectly happy.The older I get the more conservative I get and want to never stand out. My premise is fabric and fit are supreme over everything, especially too many colours.Same goes for cars as another example. I have a 10 year old Golf GTI mk 5 which I love to death and which I bought second hand. It is all the car I need, looks good, goes like the wind (150mph top speed), handles beautifully, economical and well...
I see your point and agree with parts of it. This is a combination I like because I think the chestnut is the only colour in a rather bland palette which has a little pop (not a word I would normally condone of course) - but I agree burgundy would be excellent. I have one pair of shoes in that chestnut colour - oxfords by Cheaney and normally think they look good with a mid grey suit. I have a pair of burgundy quarter brogues which I thought would be versatile but have...
Sorry they were only swatches I'm having made up. Diavolo is perhaps missed by some more than others. On with the black shoe crusade......
No, no bluchers I agree.
Yay!!!
Clags, I actually prefer the ones you're holding to black but only because the grey pants are so light. A couple of shades darker and it would be black shoes for me.
I've moved heavily into black captoes or quarter brogues after years of browns. In Rome a couple of years ago 90pc of guys in suits and sport coats (only grey and navy allowed there apparently) were sporting black shoes. That and a lot of time on the italian industrialists website has influenced me I suppose. I was pretty boring before but I'm in a different world now - rarely wear anything outside of what you saw from Sean Connery in the early Bond films, except I swap...
Good again. What I set out would be my absolute minimum and in fact I have more, around seven suits and seven sport coats, mainly in greys and navies but also including the bone and navy three patch lightweight suits and a heavy cashmere dark brown sportcoat. Shirts are all pale blue or white or blue and white striped, about a dozen, mostly semi spread. I have four C&J Sydney loafers in black, dark brown calf, dark brown suede and tobacco suede and C&J suede Belgrave...