or Connect

Posts by spectre

Uniglo has destroyed the cashmere industry with short fibres which cannot be woven tightly enough to stay strong and avoid pilling. It's cheap rubbish which, along with the disastrous Italian takeover of some older UK firms has undercut and eventually spelt the virtual end of the best products. Cheap cashmere is alluring because it is softer than the good stuff but very shortly pills into unwearable crap. Do you want them to last? Buy one of the William Lockie jumpers...
Most of the WAYWN casual thread seems to be upmarket street wear and denim - at least not much of it would look out of place there - or "casual Friday" dress from the 80s.Maybe I just haven't explained my idea properly but it would have to be more formal than the CM casual thread but not business formal.Never mind, just a thought.
I know but maybe a little more casual than I had in mind.
Positive start!
Maybe this is a dumb idea and I'll soon know by the reaction or lack of it. It seems to me that there are extremes - not always but quite consistently - in both classic menswear and street wear and denim which leave a gap for what I might call "tailored casual" CM features, quite rightly, a collection of pics of guys in conservative business dress while SW has a lot of the opposite, again correctly, with sneakers, printed t shirts and ultra casual wear. Is there a place...
Yes, Sander and Coxie you are both on the right track, albeit referring to different seasons. The desert boot was just part of an overall look I have switched to from conservative business. It looks very good in real life on the P Johnson guys but I also think chukkas, preferably in suede, do the job. or loafers really. If you don't want to go all the way Clarks make a desert boot called the Grimsby, which I have. it is sleeker, dark brown calf and just as comfortable -...
All I can say is my two dozen suits and jackets all fit me perfectly. I know this. You and the wraith do not. There is no argument here. Balance etc is spot on. They have never even been altered after initially arriving. Correct me if I'm wrong but Cutler in Sydney charges around $7-8000 and you come out looking like most off the peg suits which have been altered. They are just plain boring. It seems to be the 'tailor' in P Johnson's name which offends you. no they don't...
Predictable response.So Brendon, P Johnson is MTM yes, but their suits do not cost $8000 for a fit quality which cannot be universally guaranteed to be better. You should know this or do you regard all bespoke tailors as magicians who can justify their prices by unseen and unnecessary handwork, resulting in something which will always fit better than the highest MTM. Have a look at some of the bespoke crap on this forum and have another think about it.And P Johnson's...
You won't be disappointed. Everything I have is from them and really I can't imagine anything, bespoke or whatever, possibly fitting me better.They work with you in terms of your lifestyle and make suggestions which, at least for me, I would never have dreamed of, but which have turned out brilliantly.They also provide a little caution here and there so you don't run off the rails, falling for something which takes your eye but will be totally impractical.There is also a...
I know what you mean about the desert boots guys but there's an overall aesthetic which has to go with them as Moss says. Nick P has it and so does the Proper Cloth website collection. For example they look by far the best when the pants bottoms are narrow and have say a two inch cuff as they sort of merge into the top of the boot. Also if they are cords, cavalry twills or flannels...or maybe lightweight summer cords or cotton pants, also with cuffs. I know suits are...