or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

Never tried their Cabernet for some reason, but I pretty much always have a bottle of their Carmenere on hand. Great wine, and I find it pretty reliably for $10 (usually priced around $12) around here.
My Dad doesn't take call any more, but when he did, he always had a few near-beers in the house that he could take with to his hockey games and whatnot, so he could drink beer after playing without worrying about medical ethics and all that jazz. Alcoholics also buy stuff like that reasonably often so they can have a beer with guests while not worrying about relapse.The branding isn't the best, but there is a market for it.The one my Dad was getting, O'Douls Amber, is...
I'll play. Since I've never been able to figure out an easy and reliable way to shoot good photos, my WAYWRN shots have been few and poor, so posters around here probably don't have a good idea of my typical mode, so I'll try to describe some of my choices here. I like striped and otherwise patterned clothes, and I like using underutilized colors that I think should be used more. Hence the pale green striped shirt. I love paisley, hence the tie. For practicality, I always...
Seriously. For $12, there are actually a pretty wide array of decent options. And you can routinely get wines normally priced around $15 on sale for $12, try some of those.Part of the fun of wine is the variety. Buy lots of different ones.
She probably has an assistant or two to help handle the volume. But writing that column is her full time job, and honestly, the letters she gets are probably amusing as hell.
2009 Rioja Vega. Very good for a $10 wine.
Seriously? White or blue shirts would be a good place to start. Pretty much literally any pattern. Really, any standard shirt color- it's hard to get more versatile than navy and white. And yes, that is an excellent quality tie.
Dark shirts do not work with ties. Period. There are some very specific looks where it can look okay, but they are few and far between, and not at all something you should attempt unless you already know what you're doing. If you're asking here, you don't. As a general rule (with very few exceptions, in my experience), the tie always needs to be darker than the shirt. That is obviously much, much easier with light colored shirts. Don't wear the navy shirt with a tie....
It's designed to be at a human scale. 0 is about the coldest you get in a temperate climate, 100 the absolute hottest. It was designed to put the human body temperature and boiling water at 90 and 200, then was modified to get freezing and frozen brine as whole numbers as well.They're both arbitrary systems. Celsius is built around the freezing and boiling of water to be part of a unified system of units. Fahrenheit doesn't try to fit in with other unit systems, it tries...
The watch doesn't matter too much, since they're often stand alone pieces, but I would switch to a brass or gold tie bar with that belt and shoes. It's much more trouble to change the buckle on a belt than it is to buy a second tie bar, after all. A brass or gold plated one will run you what, $2 on e-bay? I'd also lean towards a gold toned watch. If you don't own one, get one. They're pretty, and it's nice to be able to match your metals. For that matter, gold and brass...