or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

Leave the top button undone on any polo.
Some things just don't change, do they?
I have always thought that tweed and cord jackets are the teacher/professor stereotype for a reason- they're tailored jackets, but in aggressively casual fabrics. A tweed jacket and jeans (or more casual khakis) with an open collared shirt would make you approachable to students, while still formal enough to convey some authority and get you taken seriously among adults. In my experience, it's a look that crosses all sorts of lines.
Trust your tailor.
I suspect the point of the challenge was to confront the SF groupthink about white shirts. The anti-white shirt movement is pretty much entirely nonsensical, but it's accepted as common wisdom around here.Kinda sad I missed the posting of this one. Would have been easy to pick out a fit, though photo quality and pose certainly seems to matter a lot more when the challenge is minimally restrictive, something I've never been able to master.
Or at least many good ones. Which the Captain Morgan probably won't be. Though on the subject of cheap white rums, I picked up a bottle of Shellback recently, which I think is a fairly new one, and was pretty impressed, at least for the price. Haven't tried the spiced one, don't really intend to.
Trade barriers have been so dramatically lowered across the board, especially for places we give most favored nation status to, that more rigorous enforcement wouldn't make much of a dent in the advantage gained by removing the VAT. And the tariff schedule is detailed enough that enforcement would require quite a bit of effort and delay- it's just not worth it.
Maybe not 4, but probably about 3.5. A 2 oz cocktail just seems stingy to me. Being young helps with the tolerance.
That is indeed a single Sazerac. Why'd you split the one Sazerac between two different glasses?
I'm not surprised. Captain Morgan is overpriced and watered down (seriously, 70 proof) garbage, so there's plenty of room to make a better rum and offer it at a similar or lower price.Of course, Captain Morgan responded to Kraken by making their version of the same rum, and they actually made it as a quality product, so if the end result may be that the trend forces Captain Morgan to actually put out a quality product.