or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

Well, I imagine most of us have a tie or two...
I would agree. Very nice fit.
The term drop refers to the difference in pant size from jacket size as part of a suit. That is the only meaning of the term in terms of clothing, and 6 inches is the standard. Perhaps you're looking at suit separates, or maybe the maker you're looking at just uses the same tag on all their pants, regardless of whether they're intended for a suit or not. But there is no other meaning of that term.
With recrafting, they refinish the uppers, do everything on the original last, replace the welt if needed, ect. Nick V is a high end guy, so he'd likely do all the same stuff, though not on the original last (but very close). He'd also probably use a better quality sole leather than some manufacturers. Your average corner cobbler would not do all that though- they would just swap out the sole, without being too careful on the stitching, give you a quick polish, and send...
Sidecar earlier, Bourbon Rickey now. And I had straight bourbon with dinner, because why the hell not?
Really?You said that seersucker pants weren't versatile because they would look like orphans from a suit. That is simply not a remotely common view of seersucker pants in cultures or climates where they are worn. Nor is it in any way consistent with the traditions or history of the garment itself. Your post basically seemed to be completely ignorant of anything but a narrow stereotype of seersucker, and needed to be countered so that you didn't turn the other poster away...
They are seersucker pants, and seersucker pants are very commonly worn on their own. Full seersucker suits are far less common than people wearing just the pants. Take it from a guy from the south. Seersucker is much more common down in the south and in DC than it is in Canada.As for how to wear them- with a linen jacket, navy blazer, madras jacket, polo, or just a long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Boat shoes, penny loafers, canvas sneakers, bucks- white or...
It's a popular and well regarded pen, but unlike the Crosses, I have no personal experience with it.And a Waterman Exclusive is certainly a hell of a starter pen, what shape is it in? Might want to have it cleaned and have the nib tuned by a pro if you have one in town. If not, the nib is likely fine to use as is, just give it a nice flush. If there's old dried ink in the feed, an overnight soak might be justified.
I have a bunch of the chinese ones, they're really hit or miss. Baoer, Yongsheng, and Jinhao are the big brands. Some work great, some are utter garbage. Some somewhere in between. Fun to play around with- many of them look spectacular, and if you get one that works well, they're great value, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have an idea for how a decent pen is supposed to feel.For a starter, I'd recommend Cross, they have some nice entry level models. The Bailey...
You're fine, just treat it like a navy suit. Not to mention that a lot of shades of brown work perfectly fine with black.