or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

It's not about public/private, it's about whether the debt was created with a prior agreement as to the form of payment or not. Private businesses as well as government agencies can refuse pennies, or large bills, or payment in cash altogether, if it's specified before you receive the good or service you're paying them for. A bus or tollbooth doesn't have to take pennies, because they have not agreed to let you access the service yet. If you don't want to pay the way they...
You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.I've never done it because I'm not an ass, at least in this area, but people do pay shiat in pennies all the time. It results in a bad day for the clerk and absolutely no change to the thing the person paying is frustrated about, so it's a fairly useless thing to do. But federal law quite explicitly requires them to take the money. If a debt is created with no previously negotiated terms on form of payment, as is typical...
Sarcasm doesn't work when the point you're trying to make is flatly wrong.
From your own link: "This statute means that all United States money as identified above are a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor."If the debt has already been created, as in a medical bill, a credit card bill, or a parking ticket, the creditor must accept any form of official US currency. However, a business (or government agency, or person) can refuse to make a sale or enter into services unless the buyer agrees to the condition of a...
Except that EO 10834 doesn't actually contain that text. The Sovereign Nutjobs are lying to you, no shock there.This is the full text of EO 10834, spoilered because it's long and boring: [[SPOILER]] It is quite flatly and undeniably the law that US currency is always valid for payment of debts in the US. You are wrong. Get over it.
31 U.S. Code ยง 5103: "United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts."It is explicit in statute- you have to take any US coins or currency as payment for a debt. A business can refuse to enter into a debt, but once the debt is incurred, all US currency is valid for...
They're legal tender, and legally can't be refused as payment for a debt. A clerk at a store can refuse pennies, because they can refuse to make the sale, but in the case of a ticket where you're paying an existing debt, they're obligated to take it. That said, there is approximately nobody on the planet who would pay all the filing fees required to file a suit against an organization that refused to accept pennies just to force them to accept pennies in payment, so it's a...
They have healthy collars. Not the largest I've ever seen, but more than large enough. Nice and stiff, too. Can't comment on the button downs as I don't have any button downs from them, just a couple spreads and a cutaway.
Burgundy and maroon are both shades of red by just about any definition on the planet, but I can more than understand excluding them from this challenge- brighter shades of red are far more of a challenge in the CM sphere, and challenge is what makes it fun.Anyway, some photos.Detail shots: [[SPOILER]]
Well, I imagine most of us have a tie or two...