or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

No shirts with blue or white ground, or no blue or white at all? I'm presuming the first, but probably best to clarify.
IMO, that would make a spectacular sportcoat.
Those are generally called ranger boots, if OP is looking for a search term.Yeah, Quoddy seems to have a few options. As does polo, but a different sole. LL Bean is the classic maker of that type of boot, but they seem to have updated their design a bit. Still, I think that one's closest. Rancourt has a model that might work, but with a white sole. Sperry has one that looks like it's made by Rancourt, also with a white sole.You'll probably get better options as it gets to...
A little rumpled, having taken the photos after a long, humid day. But somebody had to be the first to pull out an olive houndstooth jacket.
Yeah, most of us on the east coast of the US are still suffering from Summer, I'm afraid. Corduroy would not work well.
RL's not gonna pay. Try taking a bill to the tailor, but let this be a lesson to you to only go to tailors that you trust, and to check their work with one item before trusting them with giant stack of stuff.
Blood and Sand, somewhat modified. 2 oz Scotch, 1 oz Orange Juice, 1 oz Sweet Vermouth, .75 oz Maraschino. Nice brandied cherry to garnish. I really do think using Maraschino rather than cherry brandy makes it a dramatically better cocktail, though I still haven't gotten around to trying it with blood orange juice.
Holland and Holland, right? I had what I'm pretty sure was that exact model of tie at one point. I sold it on, thinking it was way too difficult to wear.
Prices depend on the fineness of the wool, the size of the tear, and the skill of the shop. You'd need to get a quote- moth holes can run anywhere from $15 to $40, and that's a lot larger than a moth hole.
Unless you want to spend an obscene amount of money for reweaving, you're SOL on the pants. But the jacket can certainly be used as a navy blazer. I might opt to change the buttons to something more casual to make it more obvious given the formality of the fabric, but I don't think you'd have to.