or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

Yeah, most of us on the east coast of the US are still suffering from Summer, I'm afraid. Corduroy would not work well.
RL's not gonna pay. Try taking a bill to the tailor, but let this be a lesson to you to only go to tailors that you trust, and to check their work with one item before trusting them with giant stack of stuff.
Blood and Sand, somewhat modified. 2 oz Scotch, 1 oz Orange Juice, 1 oz Sweet Vermouth, .75 oz Maraschino. Nice brandied cherry to garnish. I really do think using Maraschino rather than cherry brandy makes it a dramatically better cocktail, though I still haven't gotten around to trying it with blood orange juice.
Holland and Holland, right? I had what I'm pretty sure was that exact model of tie at one point. I sold it on, thinking it was way too difficult to wear.
Prices depend on the fineness of the wool, the size of the tear, and the skill of the shop. You'd need to get a quote- moth holes can run anywhere from $15 to $40, and that's a lot larger than a moth hole.
Unless you want to spend an obscene amount of money for reweaving, you're SOL on the pants. But the jacket can certainly be used as a navy blazer. I might opt to change the buttons to something more casual to make it more obvious given the formality of the fabric, but I don't think you'd have to.
Whatever the vodka equivalent to a Sidecar/White Lady is. Balakavia, or something I think. In this case, made with Bison Grass vodka, a traditional Polish thing. Woody, grassy, and vanilla notes, long banned under the same stupid regulations banning absinthe, thus becoming legal at the same time those regulations were changed. Anyway, it's wonderful. Just used my standard 2:1:1 prep, with a dash of grapefruit bitters. Earlier, I had a drink with gin, creme de framboise,...
He's worn it before, it's not new. He just doesn't wear it much. And really, I could not care less. Summer jackets and suits are pretty common here, even on high government officials. The fit in the shoulders and collar? Now that's a scandal. And no, the President does not have a full staff of stylists. Maybe a valet, and his wife. Solid suit + plain white or blue shirt + tie really isn't hard to figure out.
What the hell. If for no other reason than to amuse myself: Plus, blue in both my watch and tie bar! I need a better photo setup.
No, it's not normal for them to do that. Find a different tailor. It's more than possible for somebody to redo the sleeves on the first suit correctly as well.