or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

It's a little unusual. I like it, but others might not.And I would stick to white linen. Maybe with a blue edge, like this (unfortunately out of stock) one from Kent Wang.Here's one from Hober.But yeah, plain white linen seems best to me.
I'm not a huge fan of nipple buttons, so if the issue is manufacturing efficiencies, they should just make all their DB suits 4x2. powerkicker, you should be able to remove them. You may need to work the fabric a bit and hit it with an iron a bit after doing so, but since it's wool, any hole should close up just fine.
Try HMT, there are a ton on -ebay. Indian company, everything seems to be fairly slim and hand-wind, lots of options, and many with domed crystals (though not mineral ones). I have a "Pilot" model that I love, and they seem to come with all sorts of faces. Exchange rates make 'em dirt cheap, too. Based on my experience, the bands will be garbage, but dropping $15 on a decent leather band at the watch repair kiosk at the mall will hardly kill ya.
My boss has retired 3 times at various stages of his career. He absolutely doesn't need the money, having flipped between senior roles in politics and in the corporate world through his career, but retirement simply hasn't suited him. So now he heads up our little political advocacy outfit, partially because he believes in the cause, and partially because he'd much rather be directing efforts to influence Congress than ranting at the TV. Can't say I blame him. If you're...
You posted two heavier fall/winter jackets and one light linen/silk one. Are you trying to buy for winter or for summer? What kind of climate do you live in? Any of them would be fine with jeans, but you need to think about when you're wearing the thing. Seasonal jackets are probably too limiting if you don't have a few basics first. The other big question is what you have already. I presume a navy blazer? If not, get one of those.
Wrong year, too. The first Lake Placid Olympics were in '32.
I uh, plead the 5th. Not as many items as some on this forum, but, uh... Hey, I like variety. What can I say?
Also known as, "who has the coolest cufflinks".
Never tried their Cabernet for some reason, but I pretty much always have a bottle of their Carmenere on hand. Great wine, and I find it pretty reliably for $10 (usually priced around $12) around here.
My Dad doesn't take call any more, but when he did, he always had a few near-beers in the house that he could take with to his hockey games and whatnot, so he could drink beer after playing without worrying about medical ethics and all that jazz. Alcoholics also buy stuff like that reasonably often so they can have a beer with guests while not worrying about relapse.The branding isn't the best, but there is a market for it.The one my Dad was getting, O'Douls Amber, is...