or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

I think I've finally found a blood and orange recipe I really like. Warning, as I've made it it's a tad oversized. Size down as appropriate. Juice of half a small (size of a large lemonish) orange, fresh squeezed. Comes to a little less than an ounce of juice. 1 oz Maraschino 1 oz Sweet Vermouth 1.5 oz smoky blended scotch Brandied cherry (homemade ) Normally I'm lazy with orange juice in cocktails, but I think the fresh squeezed did make a difference, and using...
It's a don't because with brass buttons, it becomes a blazer, a distinct and iconic garment with its own interesting history. Simply, the reason is that blazers have never been worn as suits, and are an iconic look in themselves.If you want a navy suit, wear a navy suit. Just skip the gold buttons.
Boat shoes, camp mocs, sneakers. Venetian loafers aren't a bad choice either, but I don't like shiny leather with shorts. Suede or more casual oiled leathers, or canvas.
Screw that. I did Macbeth in 9th grade, and loved it. Arcane language or not, that is a stupidly awesome play. The entire class had a great time.
$80 is pretty dang expensive for a shirt, though the previous poster did mention that as his range.CT shirts are just fine in terms of construction and fabric, and their fit (extra slim, anyway) is spectacular for me. Fit is personal, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with CT shirts. If you like the fit, go for it. It's hard to find a better value. You can get better, but you have to spend at least twice as much to do so.Be warned though, they do have stiff collars. If...
It's called humility and self awareness. You should try it.
Looks like a great fall/winter shoe.
Breathabilty may not be the best word, but it's a good approximation, and it's not just the uppers. Rubber is impermeable to moisture- leather absorbs it. In rubber soled shoes, the moisture pools in the shoe. It soaks your sock and foot. With a leather soled shoe, a decent portion of that sweat gets absorbed into the leather. That means that your foot stays drier and cooler, providing a major element of comfort. Far more important than traction in most cases- face it,...
Not the world's greatest photo, not the world's greatest outfit, and the picture got barely any detail on the hat (linen, with stripes in a light sageish color), and rumpled from a full day's wearing. Also, I have a stupid look on my face, and for a hat competition, I really shouldn't block it out. Whatever, I'll throw it out there. What's the worst that can happen?
I can probably make this work if I get around to taking a photo. It's hot enough this week that I ain't gonna pull out a fedora though, I'm pretty much limited to the linen ivy cap route.