or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

Cuba Libres tonight, of course.
Movie stars often wore their own wardrobes back then, probably bespoke.
I have a few nautica shorts I like, 8" inseam. On a short guy like me, that hits right above the knee. Lands end, LL Bean- just look at all the usual suspects. Or just cut and hem an old pair of chinos to your preference. Brioni just seems stupidly excessive for shorts. Keep 'em simple and clean in design, and shorts are just fine in casual circumstances. From what I know of the weather in Sidney, I'd have to think they would be an utter necessity in summer.
If it doesn't fit you right without major surgery, the cut does not fit you nicely. Find another cut or brand before you do something you regret. Look at any Ralph Lauren stuff, by any chance? Springs to mind as a fit that might suit you better.
Presumably, half portions of both bonded Lairds and high proof whiskey.In case you're not familiar with Lairds, it's applejack. A spirit made from apples, produced similarly to whiskey. Bonded means it means the old bottled in bond requirements- 100 proof, aged for at least 4 years, ect. Laird's bonded applejack is 100% apple- the 80 proof is a blend, 65% neutral spirits. Skip that junk and go straight to the bonded.
^Youch. Painfully bad.
You're going to be bumming around Asia? Have a getup made for you. It'll probably run you $100 or so. Do check with your friend on attire- if they're expecting tuxedos, wear a tuxedo. If they're expecting morning dress, wear morning dress. Do NOT try to get creative with either one. If tux, single button, peak or shawl lapel. Black, black bowtie (self tie, learn how- it's not hard), black low cut vest or black cummerbund. Colored pocket square is allowed. If morning dress,...
Thanks for posting this, I found it quite enjoyable. Also, Robert Pinsky could stand to visit a tailor.
It's at a reasonable length. Longer than current styles dictate, longer than I prefer, but not absurdly so. More traditional coats are cut longer, and it's about in line with that. Which would seem appropriate for J. Press. They're not exactly known for fashion forward cuts.
Looking good is much more important than looking unique.