or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

2009 Rioja Vega. Very good for a $10 wine.
Seriously? White or blue shirts would be a good place to start. Pretty much literally any pattern. Really, any standard shirt color- it's hard to get more versatile than navy and white. And yes, that is an excellent quality tie.
Dark shirts do not work with ties. Period. There are some very specific looks where it can look okay, but they are few and far between, and not at all something you should attempt unless you already know what you're doing. If you're asking here, you don't. As a general rule (with very few exceptions, in my experience), the tie always needs to be darker than the shirt. That is obviously much, much easier with light colored shirts. Don't wear the navy shirt with a tie....
It's designed to be at a human scale. 0 is about the coldest you get in a temperate climate, 100 the absolute hottest. It was designed to put the human body temperature and boiling water at 90 and 200, then was modified to get freezing and frozen brine as whole numbers as well.They're both arbitrary systems. Celsius is built around the freezing and boiling of water to be part of a unified system of units. Fahrenheit doesn't try to fit in with other unit systems, it tries...
The watch doesn't matter too much, since they're often stand alone pieces, but I would switch to a brass or gold tie bar with that belt and shoes. It's much more trouble to change the buckle on a belt than it is to buy a second tie bar, after all. A brass or gold plated one will run you what, $2 on e-bay? I'd also lean towards a gold toned watch. If you don't own one, get one. They're pretty, and it's nice to be able to match your metals. For that matter, gold and brass...
Ask whoever runs the site you got the picture from.
Made into three piece suits and worn with knit ties. And, of course, an OCBD. That's a seriously awesome outfit.
Low cut is the important bit. U shape is more classic, but a v would be fine if you like it more. Shawl lapel or no lapels is personal preference.
At a wedding with a charcoal suit? Black shoes every time. And stick to a white shirt.
I like 'em.