or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

There aren't a whole lot of shirt makers who bother making black dress shirts in anything but the cheapest fabrics.
Huh? Pinpoint is very smooth. Royal is heavily textured. They don't look at all similar. But yeah, that shirt looks like royal oxford to me.
Go to the Tyrwhitt shop at Farragut North and try on their slim and extra slim, see what you think. I'm a big fan of their shirts as well. And if your budget is up to $200, there's always the option of bespoke.
Or a white shirt and any suit (well, not a PoW checked suit). You're overthinking this- it's a pretty formal tie, it will be appropriate. If you want to wear it, wear it.
Yes. Seriously, buy what you like and what fits in the overall context of your current shoe wardrobe. Have lots of shoes with perfs? Get plain, unless you really, really like perfs and never have occasions where they're not appropriate. Have very few shoes with perfs, and want a pair with them? Get the perfs.
Aviation right now. As a sidenote, are most commercial crème de violettes artificially colored? I made my own from actual dried violets, and it's a very reddish shade of purple, and the drink turns a very pale pink. I've never gotten the famous blue. Were the flowers I made my liqueur from defective, or are the commercial ones just colored with a bunch of blue dye? Regardless, the crème de violette tastes right and the Aviation tastes wonderful, so it's irrelevant, but I...
Tuck it in and the fit is perfect. Good flannel shirts are cut longer so they don't come untucked. Even if you don't tuck in your shirt, the fly pulling apart at the bottom is perfectly fine. With a casual fit like that one, a little nonchalance is better anyway.
Burn.
Hmm, sounds rather interesting, and I want to try one. I don't have cachaca or clarion, but a sugar based moonshine to me suggests that white rum will do all right.Will try that after I finish this glass of wine. FWIW, 2007 Parducci Petite Sirah- Interesting now, but if I had the patience, this could probably cellar for at least 8 more years.
That's already quite a bit of waist suppression, any more would look really weird. Don't touch it, it's perfect as is. I mean, seriously perfect. That's a spectacular fit.