or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

I get a deco vibe, but really, when you get outside of the mainstream of conservative design, the lines are blurry on the difference between retro cool and modern tacky. A lot of the designs we think of as vintage and cool now were considered tacky in their time by many (see: Art Deco ties). If you like it, wear it. It not, don't. I see Jerry Garcia type stuff all the time, and you know what? It can look pretty decent matched up with a conservative suit and tie. The tie...
I'd opt for a checked suit. Something you can wear to work on less formal days, and that can be worn for festive social occasions. Don't know if you have suitsupply down under, but something like this.
If the fabric is the same, than it's still a three piece suit, just made in an unconventional manner. The Duke of Windsor's suits were nearly all made separately, and on different continents (pants from New York, jackets from London), to boot. They're still matching pieces made from the same fabric, so there's no reason to not call them, and wear them as, a suit. It's a three piece suit with weird trousers, and I think most people in the wild would just think the twisted...
Front darts are a normal part of suit construction. It's not an imperfection, you just don't like the appearance. Which is fine, but don't act like you're getting an inferior product. Suits without darts are available, but they're the exception, not the rule, and you do lose shape in the front by omitting the darts. Which is why most dartless fronts are found on things like sack suits. But hey, if you don't want front darts, talk to a bespoke tailor.I looked, and I have 4...
It's not damaged in any way. Just a little misshapen. Have it pressed by a tailor.
Those are horsebit loafers, or bit loafers as they're more commonly known these days. Gucci made 'em famous (and that's probably what the pair pictured are), but you can find them from most makers these days, at pretty much any price point.
I think so, but I tend to think that many if not most current styles of sunglasses are too big for most people's faces.
Dirty bucks or saddle shoes would be the most versatile, depending on the colors of the saddle shoes.
It looks like a nice sportcoat that's 2 sizes too large for you.
A throat latch. Connects to a button under the other lapel to close the top of the jacket in inclement weather, seen mostly on nice tweed jackets. Utterly nonsensical on a summer jacket.