or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

Yeah, way too short for you, and lengthening a jacket is flat out impossible due to how the quarters have to be cut in front. Not to mention that the button stance is already on the higher side- lengthened, it would look ridiculous. It does look nice, shouldn't be hard to sell.
They often have good musical guests.
Real brandied cherry- fresh works too, but not the grocery store 'maraschino' cherries. Those are for ice cream. Make a jar of the real thing for yourself, you'll be glad you did. Recipes are easily found online. Slice of lemon. Bitters. Sugar (I use the sugar in the raw syrup), 3 oz bourbon. Stir it together. Add ice, let it sit to chill for a minute or so. Drink.
Yeah, getting pants made by a different tailor than the jacket is extremely rare, even for the bespoke set. Wearing a corduroy suit as separates (for those that own cord suits, anyway) is extremely common.
Hmm, no cashmere jackets, but a cashmere sweater under a jacket could suit tomorrow's weather pretty well.
Replaced the gin from a Negroni recipe, that is. Most recipes I see online sub out the gin from a Negroni for bourbon, and increase the proportion. 1.5:1:1, or something like that. I just went with the straight 1:1:1 that's normal for a Negroni, but seems to be unusual for a Boulevardier.Moved on to a Gin Rickey with a bit of raspberry liqueur added now.
I'm having my first Boulevardier. Straight up replaced the gin with bourbon, didn't up the proportion (as a very opinionated cocktail book I trust* tells me to do). I very much like it. *"An Illustrated Guide to Cocktails", by Orr Shtuhl, who happens to be an acquaintance of my sister's, so buy the book!
Don't forget the navy linen with shell buttons.
The whole point of something like multiple choice voting (or ranked choice) is that it works much better to represent overall sentiments especially when there are lots of good options. The difference is that it can measure the breadth of support as well as the depth- if there's a really polarizing outfit that only 5 people out of 20 like, but those 5 really like, it'll get 5 votes. If there's another option that's the #2 choice for 15 people, but those 15 people all split...
Might have been useful advice 6 years ago.