or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

He's worn it before, it's not new. He just doesn't wear it much. And really, I could not care less. Summer jackets and suits are pretty common here, even on high government officials. The fit in the shoulders and collar? Now that's a scandal. And no, the President does not have a full staff of stylists. Maybe a valet, and his wife. Solid suit + plain white or blue shirt + tie really isn't hard to figure out.
What the hell. If for no other reason than to amuse myself: Plus, blue in both my watch and tie bar! I need a better photo setup.
No, it's not normal for them to do that. Find a different tailor. It's more than possible for somebody to redo the sleeves on the first suit correctly as well.
With a blue overcheck. The rule is that the garment has to contain blue, not that the garment has to primarily be blue.
Got a non-blue sportcoat with some blue in a check or whatnot?
Not that I can find. . There is a very nice Bourbon by that name, though.
He's debating whether or not to buy the shoes, not the other stuff. I presume he already owns the suit and the black jeans mentioned, so telling him that, 'yeah, they would go great with this other thing you don't own', while true, is beside the point and not really useful. My point is that the suit he owns is likely a fairly formal one- and given the black jeans, it's probably a good bet that the suit is black as well, making those shoes a doubly bad idea.
I wasn't referring to availability, I was referring to what people actually wear. Casual suits may be available (though certainly a lot less available than in decades past), but it's rare to see people wearing them.
I could see this being aesthetic preference, not just dumbing down. It's an additional level of complication and detail. If, for example, you prefer clean shapes and line, with as little complication as possible, you might prefer the wireless edge. If you like little ornamental details, you'll probably prefer the wired edge. You could draw a parallel to architecture- a gothic cathedral with thousands of ornately carved sculptures lining the walls, or a modern glass and...
When the topy wears through, you just have it taken off, and add a new one. You should never need to resole.