or Connect

Posts by cptjeff

Khaki or olive chinos, brown or olive wool trousers, cords in any of those colors. I'd skip the gray, gray and light tan strikes me as a really awkward combo. Anything with a blue or white ground would work for the shirt. Just pick the pants you like with the shoes, and unless they're navy, odds are the navy blazer will work just fine. A navy blazer will also work with just about any reasonable shirt/tie combo you could imagine.
Far more disturbing to me, and interesting, is that there's a Senate hearing room in one of the office buildings with the same type of sign. There's a door up there with a big sign, in all caps, saying "NOT THE CLOAKROOM" (the cloakroom is the antechamber Senators use to go in and out of hearings). I always wondered how many Senators stumbling into some poor staffer's office, janitorial closet, or whatever the hell that room is it takes to get a sign like that. I always...
Barbancourt 8 here. No fussing around with juices!
Yes. They would be a full size too big.Seriously dude, why is this a question? Don't buy shoes that aren't your size. Badly fitting shoes are a surefire recipe for pain.
Looks great to me. It's not a sedate look by any means, but it's very well composed. SF's attitude on dark pants might get you a little blowback, but I've never really agreed with that one anyway.
Blending somewhat isn't the worst thing in the world. Summer is a time for lower contrast looks (especially if you're throwing a light colored jacket in the mix), because the increased light increases contrast as is- that's why dark, contrasty winter looks come off as much more severe in sun, and why night time dress is starker- you need greater contrast in elements in the dimmer light to keep things distinct.I'm a firm believer in the idea that a tie should be darker than...
Wear your jeans how you would normally wear them. If that involves cuffs, cuff. If not, don't. And yeah, I think that combo works well enough. Not my favorite, but they're not dramatically too formal or anything like that.
I think white shirts could work. In fact, a white oxford would probably be my first choice with that. University striped oxfords would be good too. Embrace the preppy. SF has developed an absurd anti-white groupthink recently. It's best ignored.
Charcoal is fine, but you should get used to navy if it's a conservative firm. Charcoal and navy are the two most conservative suit colors, and you're going to be wearing both of them a lot. Conservative silk tie. And not a skinny one. Skip the tie bar. It's appropriate to wear one in conservative settings if you know what you're doing, but a lot of people seem to think they should be worn as throat jewelery these days, so I'm just going to assume that you don't know...
Probably add to it. With the obesity epidemic, there are always some larger guys looking for extra long ties, and when the bulk of ties are regular length, that will probably drive up the bidding a bit.As for value, with vintage clothing of any sort, it's a bit hard to determine. I just searched for pleated ties in the completed listings of e-bay, and similar ties are all over the place- from $20 to $150. The ones that seemed to do that best are ones where they put a high...