or Connect

Posts by stat1

Quote: Originally Posted by blazingazn I love the side adjusters with the sliding tabs. when I gain a little gut during the winter or even just sitting down, it's so much more comfortable. I hate belts and with a suit or 3 piece you wont see it so it doesn't look out of place. I've worn a simple dress shirt and pants with the side sliding tabs and have gotten awesome compliments, like how am I able to keep my pants on my waist without a...
This is interesting. Most of the threads I have read seemed to lean toward button tabs for whatever reason. Probably because of aesthetics. It seems like most responders like the buckle for not only function but also for aesthetics. The main reason for my question is because the suit will be a three piece and most agree that belts are not the way to go even though they will be covered by a vest. I'm not a fan of braces really and was looking for the right alternative....
I'm thinking about getting a suit without any belt loops. From what I've been reading here most seem to prefer side tabs or side adjusters over the back adjuster. I'm curious to know what is the preferred option for side tabs or side adjusters. The kind with the buttons or the kind with the metal buckle where the fabric slides through (I'm not quite sure of the proper term). I think the button type looks better aesthetically but I didn't know which one was more...
Quote: Originally Posted by dragon8 Its your wedding so wear what you like. You're right just looking for suggestions. Should I use a linen or silk pocket square? Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Don't bother, that's fine. If you could see the bottom of the shirt collar, that would be a problem worth getting fixed. Quote: Originally Posted by I. Gentantithesis izit covered by the jacket collar? Manton - Thanks for your help again. Are you saying that if the top of the vest fell below the bottom of the shirt collar that would be a problem? Meaning the vest needs to ride...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton It should rest above the bottom edge of the shirt collar, flush against it, maybe a quarter inch higher. I think my vest might be closer to a half inch over the collar. Can this be altered?
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton DO NOT wear a solid black tie to a wedding. Ick. If you really want to wear a solid tie, make it silver. hahaha...thanks for the advice..appreciate the help
I'm getting married soon and was going to wear a charcoal grey three piece with a white shirt. The sales person suggested I wear a black tie as my grooms men will be wearing deep purple. Should I go with a solid black? Sheen or flat (matte)? White linen or white silk? Appreciate everyones help.
I've never properly worn a 3 piece suit and was curious to know if the top of the vest (back piece)is supposed to go over the collar or fit under it? I would naturally think it would slip under the collar but doing so seems to create an unclean drape of the light satin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark Seitelman Correct, the front must cover the waistband so that there is not interruption between the vest bottom and the trousers. In "Godfather I" some of the vested suits showed waistband and shirt. This was so because the costume designer used low rise trousers (which were in fashion at the time) rather than high waisted trousers as used in the 1930's and 1940's. Mr. Sinatra also wore some short vests in "Robbin and...