or Connect

Posts by BigRedBike

I would love to own a pair of leather boots like these that I could break in and wear hard until they look like the ones pictured. Does anyone have any idea what these might be, or who has a similar looking style? I don't want cheap knock-offs, I'll pay for quality. P.S. I already own the Alden chromexel Indy boot and the sude chukka. The boot pictured looks like it's somewhere in between if that makes sense. http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/on-the-street-the-painter/
From now until Weds. 11/9/11, there is a 25% off sale on orders of $150+ at JCrew with free shipping. They happen to sell the Barbour Beaufort Jacket so it seems like a great time to buy one (I'll save over $100). I've contacted J.Crew and I know that their jacket is made with traditional wax (not sylkoil), and it does not have "J.Crew" stitched anywhere on the coat, and they are made in the U.K. All three points were important to me. The only qualm I have is that they...
I need sunglasses and like wayfarers also, but I'm in the process of trying to find something a bit less hyped at the moment. I want classic/vintage...but also something that will go with anything. That's why wayfarers are so great...it's too bad they are the must have accessory of every teenage girl. What do you think of these http://www.eyeglassboy.com/images/Scura_DA_6.jpg They are smaller than the wayfarers. Think Andy Warhol sized glasses
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy some worn Alden Cap Toe Blucher Oxfords and/or Longwing's...most likely in the 10-10.5 range (I'm 10 in indy boots, 10.5 in the chukka), color (or even material) isn't all that important. However if you have any type of worn Alden shoe that you'd like to sell in this size range, please feel free to post.
Does anyone know if the Leschi Picnic Saddle Oxford in black/navy are available in stores? Preferably in NYC? I am absolutely in love with these shoes. I am a poor graduate student and I just discovered Alden. I purchased the Chrome Indy Boot and Suede Chukka 2 weeks ago. Besides my Ferragamo's that I purchased about 6 years ago, I own no shoes more than $50. I really shouldn't buy these shoes, but I just got my tax return...arrg. Maybe I'll get a more versatile...
What do you guys think of these, but turned into sunglasses. I know it's hard to picture...and I'm not even sure if I could picture it myself, but it might be cool. http://www.prismlondon.com/02_newyork_midnightblue.html It's purely hypothetical as I probably couldn't spend $350 on frames. I'm trying to find a semi-classic shape frame, but not rayban wayfarer/clubman...or shuron sideway/freeway.
I understand not wanting girls to look "too cutesy" because it makes them look like they are playing dress up. However in a world where most people dress in old t-shirts and jeans (even in the major cities), I think I can give them a pass. I had a friend in college who almost had a fairy/hipster/princess look thing going on (and she still does), and I think the way she dresses is more about "hey look at me, im a little cute girl" and less about fashion. I think the pics...
Born and raised in LA (I'm 27), but currently in Ithaca, NY going to grad school. I'm from Venice, and despite the westside changing drastically in the last 10 years...I would suggest Townhouse (venice) Renees (santa monica) and a divey bar around 14th and Wilshire (also in santa monica) that I can't remember the name of that is pretty cool ($3 pints in SM is almost unheard of). "Pizzarito" has been around since the '80's and has been serving some of the best pizza I've...
Awesome, thanks for the tips guys. Now I just need to pick which color I want! How do you guys wear the Epaulet shirts? I know you can wear them with a more formal outfit, but also wear them dressed down with jeans. I would only wear them dressed down with jeans and boat shoes/indy boots/ chukkas / or even keds. Are they worth the price if you don't plan on doing anything all that special with them? I ask only because I'm a grad student on a budget who must make any and...
My gf lives in NYC, and I live in Ithaca (upstate NY) which is about a 4.5 hour drive. I drive an '85 volvo turbo diesel and it's probably about two tanks of gas round trip ($38x2 = $76)...or if you wanted to be exact...more like a tank and a half ($57) plus the $8 toll to get into the city ($84/$65). I'm in about $86 (I normally grab a tea or coffee along the way) before I even get to her place. I don't pay for parking, but if you did then tack on another $15-$35...