or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

I thought it was that one, but once I compared the picture to my jacket, I believe mine is a slightly different, darker, material. They are pretty similar though so I could be wrong. Either way, both are great looking jackets.
Personally, I'm partial to Alden's snuff color for the suede, but wouldn't turn my nose up at the dark brown. I have a handful of shoes and boots in the snuff suede and can think of a few more I still want. I just think that's one of the nicest suede colors that any of the comparable shoemakers use. I think their suede is often overshadowed in many forums by the love of shell cordovan.In the end, you won't go wrong with either choice though.
I originally had this posted as a "Large" but after measuring a bit more accurately (and trying to fit a 13" Macbook Air into it, the bag is definitely the Medium. The rest of the info is the same though. My wife loves my Saddleback briefcase so much that she asked for the satchel version in the "Dark Coffee Brown" for herself a few years ago. Well, she got the bag and used it for maybe a month and decided it was just too heavy for her tastes for more frequent usage. So...
I took my navy basketweave check tweed FF sportcoat to the tailor (who also runs a store selling similar products but definitely geared toward an older crowd) yesterday to have the sleeves shortened and he must have made about 100 comments in the few minutes I was there about how gorgeous of a jacket it was and how great the construction seemed. So even the experts agree that Epaulet puts out a great product.
4.8 miles this morning. It was nearly 20ยบ warmer at 5:30 a.m. today than it was yesterday.
This will probably be the only vote for them, but I'll say the 4-eyelet handsewn blucher. In Color #8 I have PTB, LWB, SWB, chukkas, and the Tanker boot and these get the most wear of anything I own, by far. As an added bonus, they are on the flex welt sole which is extremely comfortable. They may be bordering on the old man side of things, but it's hard to beat the comfort and the versatility.If you like the looks of the LHS loafer but loafers aren't for you for whatever...
I have the #8 Tankers (from Context though and not Leffot) and they get the most wear of any of my boots, especially in the fall and the winter. I wear a lot of tweed, moleskin, and corduroy to the office and they work great with all of those. I'll also wear them with my flannel trousers and a sportcoat quite a bit too. About the only thing I will not wear them with is an actual suit. IMO, they are definitely not sleek boots and they seem to work best with an outfit with...
FWIW, I often wear my whiskey Indy boots with a pair of Dockers Alpha chinos. I have chinos from Epaulet and Hertling and RRL but honestly, the Dockers ones that I have are the most comfortable and durable of the bunch.Somedays I'm wearing a custom Samuelsohn suit, a shirt from J. Press, a pair of shell cordovan shoes, and I top it all off with a tie I picked up for $20 from Land's End. It's all about what looks good to me, not whether or not everything is comparable in...
11,432.5 + 6.2 + 7.4 + 6.2 + 9.8 + 6.0 + 5.8 + 5.5 + 26.2 + 4.8 + 7.4 + 4.4 = 11,522.2
SB - Congrats on finishing NYC! Even if you didn't meet your goal, you finished! Was this your first marathon? I know it was probably asked a while back but I forget. NYC is on my to-do list for big marathons (along with Chicago and Boston). I just imagine that the crowds and spectators can make it a fun event, no matter how well you run.I'll second Wingin' It's opinion about water weight. I used to be skeptical about how much of a difference water can really make in your...