or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

26.2 this morning in the Marine Corps Marathon at 3:34:14. A personal record by more than 20 minutes and beat my goal by more than 10. Ohh rah and Semper Fi!
If you are looking for the plain toe bluchers, You might want to try giving the Alden shop in DC a call. I was in there yesterday and they had the PTB in whiskey and cigar but not sure on all the sizes (I know they had the whiskey in my size but I resisted the urge).
Yeah, paying full retail on running shoes hurts me too, especially when I know that I can usually get the same exact shoes online somewhere for at least 40% off usually. However, I will say that most local running stores at least have really good, attentive personal service to make up for the high cost. Let's be honest - it's the only way they can compete with the online retailers. I've also found that if I sign up for the email lists from all of the local running stores...
Looks great!I'm still anxiously awaiting the two jackets I ordered...
5.5 miles through Old Town Alexandria, VA this morning.Occasionally mine will get out of sync pretty badly but when it does I notice it right away and it will be off by extreme amounts (and if you look at the map that it produces, it shows it jumping all over the place). If you are getting relatively small variances over a gradual period, it could just be the tangents and the actual route being off. A half mile over 11 miles is a bit much for that length for it to be...
Unfortunately she just put up a for sale sign. At least she didn't just put up curtains.
I put in 5 miles on a treadmill getting in some intervals this morning. I plan to rest my feet tomorrow except for maybe a short run around the block or two and then relax until Sunday's marathon.I use a cheap-o headlamp that I got at REI last year and I keep the display of my iPhone on when I run. I need to upgrade the headlamp though because when it starts getting cold, the batteries die off very quickly. I think I might try the knuckle lights this year. I also put a...
I'm in DC for the Marine Corps Marathon this weekend and after lunch with my buddy near his office, I decided to walk a few blocks over to check out the Alden store. I wasn't planning on buying anything but they had a pair of Plaza-last brown kid suede loafers that had been discontinued and marked down and happened to be in my size. They had some great cigar color straight tip boots in my size but I resisted the urge. I cannot say I'll be able to hold off if I end up...
#8 wingtip boots from AoC along with some tweed trousers from Hertling for a local shop: And since we're playing the watch game... I had been wearing my U1 all week but it just seemed a bit too beefy for today's clothing choice.
Great looking watch. I'm wearing my Seiko solar chronograph today as well. What model is that? It looks like some type of Alpinist.