or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

I did 8.7 miles yesterday and a 5k on Saturday. The 5k was put on by a private school a block from my house and I actually finished in the top 10 (6th or 7th I believe). There were no bibs, medals, or official timing but I did win a $25 gift card to a local lacrosse store. I don't play lacrosse though so I tried trading my gift card for a gift card to a local ice cream shop. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful. This was my first ever prize from running though so that was...
How well do you know your Westerosi geography? http://www.sporcle.com/games/RobPro/westeros
I have a pair of Newton Distance and love them. I had heard all the hype and thought they always looked too big and bulky and heavy but decided to finally give them a try last summer. When I went to the store and saw them, they were definitely big, but surprisingly light on my feet and after a quick run around the block decided they were for me. My only complaint is that even the best sale prices I can usually find are still over $100.(Though looking just now, it looks...
I'm trying to recall, for the episode with the Battle of Blackwater Bay, was that the only thing that happened that week?
Some great stuff indeed. I grabbed the split-toe Carminas. I'd been thinking about trying a pair of Carminas for a while now and this was just the little push that I needed.
4.5 miles this morning in absolutely perfect running weather: Low 50s, no wind, no humidity, and the sun just starting to rise. Last year somebody here posted up a link about using hex head sheet metal screws in the bottoms of your shoes so that's what I did this past winter and they worked pretty well. However, for 100% snow and ice, I may have to go with one of those shoes made specifically for the conditions.
The other night I was watching a documentary on Mackinac Island in the winter. My new goal is to run across the roughly 3 mile ice bridge that forms during (most) winters between St. Ignace and the Island. This may be one of the stupidest ideas I've ever had and I may never actually go through with it, but it sounds interesting in my head.
GRRM as Coldhands and Coldhands finishes the series?
5.9 miles this morning. Apparently today is National Running Day. I celebrated by kicking off my training plan for the Air Force Marathon in September. My goal is 3 hours 25 minutes.
They look great. I think leaving off the leather towards the tip of the shoes is a wise decision. I've had more than one pair of Alden with crepe soles go back to the factory to be re-soled at their expense because that leather piece begins falling apart and the stitching starts to unravel right where the leather meets the crepe.