or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

8 miles this morning mostly on dirt roads and trails in about 2" of fresh snow, on top of the few inches of old snow and ice that we already had. I tried out the hex-head sheet metal screws into the bottoms of my shoes and they worked great. It took a bit of time to figure out which of my shoes to use. When all of your shoes are zero-drop, or close to it, it's slim pickin's for shoes that the screws don't poke the bottoms of your feet. But once they were in, they really...
2.1 miles on Christmas Eve and another 7.4 miles on Christmas evening. I'm hoping to get in another 8 miles today before the snow stops but it will probably be another late night run again.
2.1 miles this afternoon and then I ate most of a large pizza. Tis the season! That's probably no worse than my annual run to all of the ice cream and custard stores in a 3 mile radius I do each summer though. In other news my daughter gave me an early Christmas present: a horrible head cold. These next few days of running are going to be tough.
I didn't run this morning but I did go on a long walk into/around town. The sidewalks and streets were an absolute sheet of ice at 5:00 a.m. I'm glad I wasn't out running, even my walk was pretty slow and treacherous. Around 9:30 tonight I finally had an opportunity to go for a run and put in 6.3 miles for day #22 of the run streak. I don't think I've ever gone for a run that late at night, no matter what the time of year, but my body wasn't complaining. The route I ran...
2.1 miles this morning. We're supposed to get an ice storm tonight so tomorrow's run should be interesting.
3.6 miles yesterday for day #20 of the December run streak.
4.4 miles late last night. I rarely run after 8:00 p.m., even less often this time of year so it was a nice change of pace to get out there that time of day, even if the sun had long since set. This morning I got in another 8.1 miles. I'm off of work until January 2nd so I'm looking forward to not having to run long before the sun rises.
Thanks for the links wingin' it. I'm definitely going to be trying the screws in my shoes. I'll be stopping at the hardware store on my way home tomorrow just for this purpose.
4.4 miles this morning with yet another fresh inch and a half of snow on the ground. I'm seriously considering getting some of those things with spikes to strap to my shoes this winter.
Thanks for the heads-up. I've been looking for another piece of cold-weather running gear. The stuff I have is getting pretty old and well worn. I should be wearing that 180 before the end of the week now.