or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

I believe those are pictures of mine that arrived yesterday. The fit and the feel is absolutely perfect. I also got a sport coat in the pearl grey and it's absolutely gorgeous. I ordered some matching Walts in the same fabric and really look forward to them coming in soon.I've lost quite a bit of weight, especially in my gut and chest since ordering and I was a bit scared that the jackets would need a lot of alterations but thankfully that's not the case. I'm going to try...
There were already a lot of votes for the short wings and I'll add my voice to that list.I don't normally like short wings with a lot of casual looks, especially denim, but I think the Alden alpine grain leather combined with the short wing would work really well for quite a bit. And if you really wanted a commando sole, you could always take it to a good cobbler near you (or send of to somewhere like the ever recommended B. Nelson in NYC) and have the soles changed.
I'm a child of the 20th century and a wear full break on my trousers... yet have more than my share of ink.
I didn't ask how long any of the whiskey or cigar that they had had been in stock, so like budapest12 mentioned, judging by the pronounced olive hue of the cigar captoe boots (which I noticed as well), everything may have been there a while and maybe there are just a couple of each in random sizes left.The official Alden stores all have awful websites and I would take whats shown on them as an idea of what's generally available, but not what might be available at any given...
Alden of Carmel says they have the #8 wingtip boot on commando in stock.I was in the DC store on Thursday and saw those shoes - I think I even posted that they had them in stock... I guess folks missed that! They also had whiskey LHS, and whiskey short wings (or maybe they were LWBs, I cannot recall for sure), and cigar cap toe boots and some cigar LWB. I am not sure what lasts everything were in, but they all looked to probably be Barrie. And everything I picked up was...
What color does TSM list those as on the email? It's hard to tell on my computer but they look either like navy CXL or dark brown CXL (my colorblindness isn't helping either). Nothing like that showed up on mine. Whatever the color, I like the look of those... and I am a fan of the crepe sole. I would happily wear those with chinos, denim, cords, moleskin...
4.8 miles this morning. I wanted to get in about 2 more but I got a late start because my daughter woke up coughing about 5:00 a.m. and I wanted to wait until I knew she was back to sleep before I left. It was my first run since the marathon and my legs felt terrific. I wanted to run yesterday morning but my flight got in so late on Monday that I decided to just sleep in as late as I could instead.
Damn! I was looking at those yesterday and almost bought one but changed my mind and decided not to and yesterday was the last day of their 20% off of their high visibility outdoor gear.
Agreed. I have some striping that doesn't seem nearly as visible as that. Where is that from?
I don't get the opportunity to run twice a day but when I do, I jump at it. I will use the morning for whatever my training run calls for and then go for a 4-8 mile run in the evening after work when the schedule allows it. For me, it's a good way to make sure I keep my metabolism up in the evening and it's a good extra stress reliever. If your plan calls for repeated long runs without a day off in between, I imagine multiple runs on the same day has about the same...