or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

This post cost me $90.
Sorry fellas. Most of my shoes and boots (including the whiskey Indy boots) are 7.5.FWIW, I did recently put a pair of unworn ravello chukkas in the B&S forum and they sold in about 20 minutes (and during that time I received about 30 PMs about them). There will be a few more boot offerings coming up: reverse chamois Indy, Leather Soul X SelfEdge CXL boot, black 6 eyelet chukka, blue suede indy, unworn black shell naval boot, and possibly a once worn AoC #8 wingtip...
We've been married just over 5 years and we each have a personal account and then one joint account together. When we first got married, I still had a bunch of student loan debt and wasn't making too terribly much. She on the other hand had a high paying job and a ton of money in various accounts and trust fund payments coming in regularly. We figured it was easier to just keep things separate for a while and she paid the rent while I paid the utilities and for most of...
I imagine that the plastic feel and the crinkly sound is just function of the bonded wool which is literally wool bonded (or woven) into the more sturdy thick cotton twill. My father has a barn coat that he wears all fall and spring that is a bonded wool and I remember when my mom got it for him for Christmas back when I was in high school (nearly 20 years ago) and laughing when he would wear it because it was so stiff compared to the old quilted denim barn coat that he...
6.2 miles this morning.I've been running my butt off (literally... I've lost about 15 pounds and 2" from my waistline) this spring and summer prepping for the Marine Corps Marathon and now this:Hopefully they don't have to cancel. I don't really mind a major change in the route but an outright cancellation of the event would be really disappointing.
I have a collection of about 30 pair of Alden and realized I consistently only wear certain ones so I am slowly thinning the herd. Of the boots I am keeping, I've decided that I'm going to wear them into the ground, especially my whiskey Indy boots. I now wear them for working in the yard, trouncing threw the mud, climbing over logs and rocks, etc. (about the only situation I am planning to not wear them in is in deep snow or times when there is a lot of salt on the...
My gym has a steamer in the locker room and I use it on my OCBD shirts each morning. If I didn't have access to one there, I'd definitely be buying my own.
Sounds like you had a good time, regardless of the outcome. This is the first year since they've begun making the playoffs again that I haven't bought playoff tickets for and I miss it. The atmosphere at the playoff games is always absolutely electric... even if the electricity isn't flowing.FWIW though, regular season or playoffs, I never get service at Comerica. I always chalk it up to crappy AT&T service.One more note - I was listening to the game on the radio on my way...
I was going to leave work early to meet up with a friend there to watch the game. He had to cancel... because he got a ticket instead!
Fall has arrived here in Metro Detroit. Finally time for cords and cordovan. These moc-toe bluchers have been my go to shoes over the past month or so.