or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

xPost from the Alden thread:I haven't seen them show up much here but I'll give a nod of approval for the Michigan Boot (maybe I am biased living in the Detroit area?).I think the shape of the Van last is a bit more versatile, and an infinitely nicer looking shape, than the TruBalance, and thankfully the Van has always fit me perfectly. If I could get the Michigan Boot in #8 or whiskey shell, I'd be replacing the Indy Boots in my collection. All that said, maybe I just...
I haven't seen them show up much here but I'll give a nod of approval for the Michigan Boot (maybe I am biased living in the Detroit area?). I think the shape of the Van last is a bit more versatile, and an infinitely nicer looking shape, than the TruBalance, and thankfully the Van has always fit me perfectly. If I could get the Michigan Boot in #8 or whiskey shell, I'd be replacing the Indy Boots in my collection. All that said, maybe I just like these for the same...
Pardon the venue, but I am loving the corduroy suit I got from the last round of EFFs so much that I didn't want to wait until I was home for a full length mirror. I was a bit apprehensive at first but the corduroy worked great for a double breasted suit. It's very soft and very warm and great for today's snow flurries and temps in the 30s. Eventually we'll get some spring here!
It took me a bit to catch the joke. I even searched here and Google for "Jaylenotosis" thinking maybe it was the user name for somebody selling some great denim workshirts! Like others have said, you should keep those... unless of course they are a size 7.5, in which case you should definitely get rid of them. I'll gladly help you dispose of them.
That would make a very cool fabric for a field jacket, similar to a Filson Cruiser.
Details on the shirt? Over the past few years, I've acquired a sickness that renders me defenseless against buying more chambray and denim shirts.
I just got the email with the new LBM summer wool-silk-linen jackets. I don't know if I've ever described something as "The Hotness" but this fits the bill!
Looks awesome! That's the one piece from the EFF that I am still waiting on arriving. How would you describe the weight on that one? I'm hoping I'll be able to take it and get the sleeves finished before the weather warms up too much for it.
6.5 miles this morning outside. I've been slacking this winter and it showed in my pace today. I haven't totally let myself go though as I've been working out harder in the gym this winter than in recent years, but that's just made me add on a bit more weight and caused my muscles to tighten up some. When I have run outside, it's been shorter distances than I'd like. I want to work my way back up to the 40-50 mile a week range. Thankfully, it looks like winter is starting...
Nice shoes of course, but I really like the paint color. I may need to show this to my wife when we finally decide to repaint our bedroom to get rid of the Booberry looking color that we currently have.