or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

If you search for "Friends" on their site it shows up.http://epauletnewyork.com/products/ends-for-friends-may-2016-4-season-suiting
My brothers are old enough that they were mostly gone from the house when I was little but they used to beat each other with those plastic Hot Wheels tracks. Sandor and Gregor be damned!I was out on a run one afternoon and running through the campus at a prestigious boarding school near me and came across a bunch of high school kids playing some weird sport on one of the fields. After stopping and watching for a few minutes I had to ask somebody who was sitting in the...
Quoted for the awesomeness that is USAA! I've been using them for my insurance for nearly 20 years now and refuse to even consider other companies. They have gone above and beyond what they have been required to for me. Definitely one of the best perks of being a veteran (or family member of one).To bring this back to the clothing discussion... @Epaulet - Any word on the #8 Alt Wien boots that were pre-ordered in early 2015?
That scene was painful and a great encapsulation of what the show seems to be turning into. It seemed like such a waste of screentime that could have been devoted to actual the storyline.(though I was intrigued as to what kind of games the Wise Masters used to make Missandei play with the other girls slaves... )
I got my khaki duck canvas field jacket yesterday and am very pleased with it. I am a 41 in Epaulet's Southwick jackets and went with @Epaulet's sizing recommendation of an L and am glad I did. There is plenty of space in the jacket to allow movement and even a light sweater underneath if I were so inclined but not so much extra space to make it sloppy looking. I can tell that a medium would have probably been just a tad too snug. The sleeves are a bit on the long side but...
I'm in the same boat in terms of outerwear but I think that picture may have just sold me on the field jacket! Thankfully I drive a Jeep and keep the top and doors off almost all spring and summer so I have a built in excuse when my wife says, "Another jacket?!?" @Epaulet: I know it's probably been covered numerous times, but If I wear a 41 in your Southwick sportcoats (and then I like to let them out just a bit), what would you recommend in the field jacket - M or L?Also,...
After looking at the fabrics for the shirt EFF, my wallet is thankful that I've never been able to dial in what size works best for me on Epaulet's shirts! Definitely some gorgeous looking patterns available!
@gdl203 (or others who may know) - I'm interested in the Gray Herringbone Knit Blazer and had a question about the sizing. I don't have another casual knit blazer to measure against so I'm having a hard time trying to figure if I should go with an M or an L. FWIW, I have an Eidos suit that I got from NMWA in a 50 that fit great after alterations, though a 51, if it existed, would probably have been perfect. Comparing the chest measurements of the Eidos and the Gray, I am...
I too am always grabbing the same watches in my collection over and over so I'd probably do the same thing and try to go 1 dress watch and 2 or 3 casual watches and spend the biggest percentage on whichever watch I planned on wearing most frequently.
There are two important questions to ask before folks here can accurately respond:Where on the trousers is the hole?What is the material?A small hole on a cotton chino type fabric near a seam is going to be much easier to get repaired than a similar size hole in a cotton/cashmere or one of the nice wool fabrics smack dab in the middle of the thigh. Patterns in the fabric (POW, checks, etc.) will add to the difficulty.Odds are though, if the hole is still really small and...