or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

I haven't checked into this thread in a while (mainly because it always costs me money) but I received the email from Rancourt this morning about the Knox boot and I've gotta say that they are really sharp. Having had boots of the same material when I was in the Marine Corps, these things should be able to take quite a beating for a suede boot. I wonder if this suede will be exclusive to this make-up or if Rancourt will eventually use it on some other stuff? I'd love to...
4.8 miles this morning. It was actually close to freezing and the warmest I can remember for an outdoor run in a long time. I just need to hold out one more week and then I'll be in South Florida and can enjoy nice temps everyday for a few weeks. I think I am going to stop by the running store tomorrow or Thursday to pick up a brand new pair of shoes to take with me. I always use my annual trip to Florida as a time to try a new pair since my wife refuses to let me pack...
I find the Barrie-lasted chukkas to fit slightly larger than other Barrie-lasted Aldens in the same size, especially towards through the vamp and the heel. I think a lot of that comes from the fact that there are only two eyelets so that you cannot really tighten them up much. I don't notice any extra space in the toebox compared to other similar shoes/boots.On Carmina's Simpson last, I wear a 7 UKMost Quoddys I wear an 8On Allen Edmonds Strand/Park Avenue (65 last) I wear...
I would say you still have quite a bit of life left overall. Short of developing actual holes, on leather soled shoes, I usually wait until the stitches near the toe (or anywhere really) are striking directly on the ground (i.e. the leather part around that area of stitching is worn down enough that the stitches are sticking out further than the leather) and/or the stitches are breaking or about to break.
^ Those are gorgeous!
@Epaulet - I was looking through the MTO shirt fabrics and I noticed that in a few instances the prices on the landing page are different than what the prices on the pages for the individual fabrics are. Seasonal Canclini Prints shows $195 on the landing page and $235 on the order page Premium Perennial Fabrics shows $175 on the landing page and $215 on the order page Perennial Stripes and Pinstripes shows $160 on the landing page and $175 on the order page Premium...
^ I'm a few hundred miles away but I feel like I can reach out and touch those lapels from here.
Indigo hopsack and java fresco trousers ordered. Now if only I could order some warmer weather to go with them....
I think it applies SPECIFICALLY to their irregulars.
I always wonder about some of the stuff I see on the seconds lists. So many combinations I never see anywhere else. Who is Alden making this stuff up for? Some oddball examples from today: Snuff suede loafer on red brick sole? Modified black calf and alpine grain saddle shoe on rubber Goodyear sole? Black shell NST boot on crepe? Natural CXL boot on wedge sole? Black alpine grain wingtip boot on rubber sole with natural edge?