Posts by Michigan Planner

Very cool. Count me in as another who would be in for that if it were ever produced.
What is that shawl collar cardigan? I don't recall seeing that being offered before. Very cool!
I have found the rise to be pretty darn consistent among all of my Rudy trousers, regardless of the fabric. That said, I would love for the rise to be a bit higher, but "very short" is a pretty subjective term. If you are interested in something a bit more traditional with a longer rise, I'd recommend checking out O'Connell's twill trousers (which they offer in a short, regular, or long rise) or J. Press cotton drill trousers which have only one rise option but I've found...
I agree with Nik Telford that the military twill or the English Drill is probably the way to go. I have a couple pair in the English Drill from Epaulet and a couple slightly heavier that are probably similar to the military twill from some other retailers and wear them all the time with blazers or sport coats (especially heavier tweeds and flannels) and nicer sweaters at the office and they are comfortable enough to also work as a nicer version of a regular ole' chino for...
Is this from the Southwick MTOs from just before Christmas? If so, that's awesome news! I've been dying to get mine. I cannot remember a MTO order I placed in the past few years that I've been so excited to get for some reason.
Regarding the SARB line and water resistance and a leather strap...I always figured that the SARB watches were designed as a nicer looking field watch that, thanks to Seiko's quality, also happens to have 200m water resistance. It isn't meant to be a dive watch though (as exhibited by the lack of a rotating dive bezel and no screw down crown on most of them), so they do not include a rubber strap or bracelet with a diver's extension.FWIW, the stock leather strap on the...
I'll attest to the awesomeness of the wool/cashmere trousers. I bought the khaki in the first go round and enjoy them enough to consider both of the grey ones this time. I wish there was a couple choices of blue in that fabric as well.
There is a guy at my health club who I often see wearing a pair of whiskey shell LHS. They look like they are in pretty good shape, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were well over a decade old (maybe they are actually ravello that are very faded have a lot of patina) and those used to be the only Alden I would ever notice. Recently, the club hired a guy to come in a few mornings a week and shine shoes/boots while members are working out or swimming or whatever and I was...
@NewYorkIslander - It looks like I was too slow on the trigger yesterday evening and the YH3 "Bunnacia Chambray" Barber shirt has sold out. Any chance of more in that size coming available?
The Leonardo Barber shirts look awesome. I need to get home so I can check my other YH shirts to see which size I ended up landing on and put my order in.