or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

Some people will recommend using a little bit of "Shoe Goo" or a similar product on it. If I had some handy, I might use it, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to get some. If the flap of leather is small, I'd probably try just trimming it with some cuticle scissors and then brushing.I know Indy boots are expensive, but letting them get a little beat up just adds to their character IMO.
I've been going back and forth on getting a pair of black boots and have been having a hard time making my final decision and then Rancourt had to go and throw these in the mix. They definitely look good and I like the price. I'd love to hear from somebody who here who may have already pulled the trigger.
So awesome. I need a pair of black boots and go back and forth over what ones I want. These might be the ones.Before bothering with a cobbler, I would get out the horsehair brush and go to town on those for a while and maybe add just a touch of something to condition them (I like the neutral Venetian Shoe Cream for my CXL). The scratch/gouge doesn't look too terribly deep and CXL can take a pretty good beating. After a bit of cream and a few minutes with the brush they...
5.2 miles in a steady mist this morning. It wasn't unpleasant.I am not built for speed. I am short and have stubby German sausage legs. Even when I was in the Marines, had just gotten out of boot camp, was 30 pounds and 18 years lighter, the best I could get my 3 mile time down to was about 20 minutes (I might actually be able to break down below 19 now). Sometimes I worry that my wife will want to take up running. She's tall(er than me anyway) and thin and has long legs...
It's been written about on the Alden thread a few times, but has been stated, Alden's "kudu" is really just heavily oiled calf. That being said, I too have a pair of the "kudu" LWBs and they are indeed tough as nails.
I ordered the Dark Glacier heirloom cardigan in medium and was immediately regretting it. I contacted Epaulet yesterday morning trying to switch to a large but the color was sold out. Ithink the medium will probably work as I like my cardigans to fit more snugly than other types of sweaters and Adele reassured me that the medium will likely stretch and mold to fit me perfectly. But if anybody ordered the Dark Glacier in large and is thinks they would prefer a medium, let...
13.2 miles yesterday in a half marathon (thankfully they didn't charge me more for that tenth of a mile) in 1:42:54. I missed a PR by 2.5 minutes, but I'm very happy with my time considering I ran an awful marathon the previous weekend and had a bad cold all week leading up to the half. The course also had some horrendous hills along the second half of the route but I kept my pace from falling. I just now looked at my splits and realized that I also ran miles 2 through 5...
That's my one complaint about the Alpine Grain - it seems to show water spots instantly and worse than anything else I own. Thankfully, they dry off and clean up perfectly, but it still makes me a bit sad when I look down at them on rainy days.These are pretty dark for Cigar, I thought they were #8 at first. Still gorgeous though. [[SPOILER]] Alchibiades beat me to it with the Leathersoul suggestion - the wedge sole is the closest to a ripple sole I've seen on an Alden. I...
I would have a hard time pairing the grey or taupe herringbone with a patterned trouser just because they seem a bit bold. The herringbone pattern on the charcoal, pewter, and green look considerably more subtle though and I would potentially be more comfortable with one of those with a patterned jacket. FWIW, I have an old pair of Samuelsohn trousers very similar to the taupe herringbone currently offered by Epaulet and usually stick to a solid cardigan or navy doeskin...
4.6 this morning. I have a HM on Sunday that I've been running since it's inception 7 years ago. They've always run in on basically the same route. It's scenic with a good mixture of concrete, asphalt, dirt roads, and gravel trail, and there are a few good hills including a long, steady, 250' climb over the course of a couple of miles. Well, this year there is road construction along the normal route and the change has revised the long steady climb into a 250' climb over...