or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

I've bought a few JDM Seikos from Japanese sellers, ranging from about $500 up to about $2,000 and the only one that ever got hit with duties was my Alpinist SARB017. I think I had to pay about $25 to USPS (I don't recall the exact amount).
6.1 miles this morning. I saw a coyote on my run today. Though I am well aware that we have them in the area, I've never seen one in the flesh before, keep in mind, I live in a very dense, almost urban, suburb and I saw the coyote just a few blocks outside of downtown. There is a heavily wooded trail that follows along a river along the west side of town with a couple big golf courses and a nature preserve at the south end of the trail and then the north end heads towards...
Ditto!
My first time reading the books I wanted badly to skip over any of the Iron Island stuff but I just finished going through them again and this time around I enjoyed them much more. I agree that there is still a lot of boring filler coming out of the Iron Islands, but I liked the gist of that plot line much more this time around.
FWIW, we had about a half inch of snow here in Detroit yesterday morning and hit record lows for the date this morning - it was about 25º when I got up to go running. All this after temps in the upper 60s and 70s last week, including Friday where we hit 80º. Sometimes I would really love that SoCal bi-polarity.
Are those ranger mocs you posted lined or unlined? I have unlined brown CXL and lined natural CXL and I've found the lined ones keep their shape infinitely better than my unlined versions and I don't put shoe trees in either of them.
What he said!
I recently acquired a Nomos Ahoi Atlantik and before getting it, I had only seen a Nomos in the flesh once (a Tangente) and I agree that they are so clean and simple looking almost bordering on generic. The thing that sold me on mine though was that I knew the fit and finish would be fantastic at that price point. After receiving mine, I definitely wasn't disappointed and it's definitely gorgeous and I do enjoy it but it's so cold looking that I don't know if I'll form an...
6.4 miles this morning... in the snow. I found Newton Distance to have a similar feel to the Hokas that I had tried (I cannot recall the exact model of the Hoka though) while being significantly lighter. I've ran a few marathons and halfs in them and they hold up very well over the long runs. You're not going to get as much support as you will with the Hokas, but I think that's just part of the trade-off for what felt like a lighter shoe.
If the price is good, I'd wear it as is. Sure, you didn't put the dings and scratches in it yourself, but they definitely add to the patina.