Posts by Michigan Planner

That would be a hard collection to beet.
The Borealis watches do look pretty great and always seem to get good reviews. I've been really tempted by their Estoril 300 on a few occasions but I'm really just going to waiting on the MKII Project 300.
I just picked up a second Helson Skindiver to add to my collection. I'll never shell out the money for a Blancpain Fity Fathoms and I've always been impressed with Helson's quality (though I know they had some snafus a few years back) so when they had a sale with a slight discount during the Chinese New Year, I jumped on it. I know a lot of folks don't like the homage or replica aspect of them, but I love mine. Helson family photo - Skindivers and Sharkmasters
I know the type you are talking about. Yours is probably a reference 8440 980.006 or 980.021. As far as I can tell, the primary differences are the 980.006 had the crown at 3:00, a slightly thinner case, and 200m water resistance as opposed to 1000m (not that I would ever need more than about 1 meter). The reference 8440 was eventually also available in a few different dial configurations, as an automatic or a quartz, and even a analog/digital version. The 980.023 (mine)...
Are we still playing the "What can you not believe is still available from the current sale" game? I was on my long Sunday morning walk yesterday morning in my Valstar waxed cotton parka when I got caught in a driving rain. It rained pretty hard on me for about an hour and this thing kept me bone dry! The jacket is relatively lightweight (but very warm thanks tot he lining) and it doesn't have the same waxy feel as a waxed Barbour or Filson so I always wondered how...
One on the wrist is worth two on the list?
I love my Shogun and I too bought it as a replacement for the Sumo. The proportions of the case and lugs are infinitely more comfortable than that of the Sumo and the titanium means you never really get that top heavy feeling you get from the Sumo.
For the past couple years I had been searching for a quartz Heuer 1000m diver (980.023). Most every one I came across had either a horribly beat up dial, hands that appeared to be falling apart, a movement that had seized up completely, or a combination of the three. The few that I found that did appear acceptable turned out to be in bad condition upon closer inspection or ended up selling for much more than I was willing to pay. While looking at a thread about Omega or...
I know the Sumo is a better watch in terms of movement and having owned a Sumo and a Samurai, I think the Sumo has some of the best value for the quality of the finish (the finish of the case on the Sumo is much better than some other dive watches that cost much more), but the measurements of the Sumo and the lugs make it a difficult fit for a lot of folks. I always thought the Sumo line really needed 22mm lugs to match up with the hefty 45mm case. But besides the fit, the...
Maybe you should find out who Mr. Burns' tailor is!