or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

Nice find! Who would have known that DSW would have been a source for shell cordovan shoes?
9 miles with a few final tempo runs this morning. Now time to relax for the next few days.Well, the Doubletree made things right. They got me booked in one of the few relatively close hotels with available rooms for the same rate I was paying at their hotel. It's not as nice of a hotel, but I'm not expecting the Hyatt or the W in "suburban" Dayton, Ohio anyway.
Way back at the start of August I booked a room at the Doubletree in Miamisburg, OH for the Air Force Marathon next weekend and I just received an email today from somebody on their sales manager that the room will actually not be available due to an error in their system. Way to give me advanced notification Doubletree! It would have been great to know this information a few weeks ago when rooms were still available at other nearby hotels.
That's on my list...
Those blue ones are awesome looking.
7.9 miles this morning. I think this weekend I'll be digging out the long-sleeved running shirts.
I've noticed the same thing. LeatherSoul has been really quiet on all fronts over the past year or so, not just Alden.
My closet, the guest room closet, and a shelf in the garage are overflowing with shoe boxes from Tricker's, Alden, and Rancourt. My wife cares much more about the space I am taking up than the expense so these days she tries to make me do a 1-in-1-out policy for new shoes. It probably doesn't help that I also have an ever rotating stack of running shoes that I am going through in the garage and laundry room as well. On that note, somebody buy the shoes in my signature so I...
6.2 miles. Tapering...Thanks. I'm starting to feel quite fatigued from running these days both in terms of muscle soreness and boredom. I have been doing between 50 and 60 miles a week since June and it's starting to get old. Once I am done with the MCM next month, I am going to cut way back on the running and get back into spinning on a much more frequent and regular schedule and maybe take a bootcamp class once a week or so and try to limit my running to maybe 30 miles a...
I got in 6.2 miles at a great pace yesterday and a nice slow 8 miles this morning. I've got less than 2 weeks until the Air Force Marathon. My goal is 3 hours 30 minutes but for some reason it's feeling less and less likely like it will happen (it would be a PR by about 4 minutes). For some reason I'm just not feeling it. I'm considering relaxing and just enjoying the run and maybe using it as a final long training run before the Marine Corps Marathon at the end of...