or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

So gorgeous! I saw that when it popped up but disappeared before I could get somewhere to put in my info. I drowned my sorrow in a pair of the rust and some tartan... 'cuse I'm a badass like that.
Anybody have the melange harris tweed sportcoat? I would love to hear some thoughts on the material and its weight from those with experience.
What size and color is your snorkel? If it's a sage in a 40 I'd be interested. I have a 38 now but want to size up.
For the non-latex soles that Alden offers, the mini lug is my favorite. It's a bit more stiff than other similarly lugged soles but still has a nice low profile.I have the Tempest sole on a pair of suede boots from Rancourt and I find them very uncomfortable. They are too stiff and have never really broken in. And just like the Dainite sole that Tricker's (and other English makers) often uses, I think they are way too slippery for a rubber sole. I know some people love the...
If you are referring to the recent spate of boots on the Modified last, I concur. I had a pair of Modified PTB a while back and while they fit me better and were more comfortable than any other dress shoes I've ever owned, every time I looked down at my feet they just looked off to me.
I received my FF charcoal corduroy sportcoat yesterday and the fabric is awesome - so soft, thick, and beautiful. I still wonder why it was marketed as charcoal though as it has much more of a purple hue to it than a grey or silver (I knew that when I ordered it though so I wasn't shocked when I opened the box). It's already off at the tailors getting the sleeves taken up a notch and I should have it back at the end of the week.
My pace always slows down considerably in the winter. I think I consumed so much sugar on a daily basis that my blood has turned into molasses and it just doesn't like to flow when the temps dip below freezing.
Sprints!
It was -2º with the windchill here this morning. I have no scientific proof to back this up but the scarf seems to help trap a bit of warm air between it and my mouth/nose so I'm not constantly breathing in the frozen air. That combined with the fact that I don't like those caps with the built in masks make it look like I'm extra bundled up. In reality, I could have taken the knit cap off after a few miles but I didn't feel like messing around with my headlamp while it was...
It was 12º this morning. I don't recall it being this cold this early in a long time. I still managed to get in a 12 mile run (a mile for each degree?) and only had to stop to scrape the frost and ice off of my scarf twice.