or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

7.6 miles this morning. Still very tight from Saturday's HM but started to loosen up a bit after a few miles.
Osha took Rickon and split up from Bran and the Reeds. I cannot recall where exactly they were headed though.
I thought at this point in the book, he was supposed to be like 9 or 10. He's a bit younger than Bran is supposed to be. Of course, everybody on the TV version is a few years older than they are in the books.
Wingin' It - It is indeed much of the same course that they use for Dances With Dirt. The race I ran yesterday also had a full marathon and 50k today and it's all put on by the same people that do the Dances With Dirt. If there were more good trails, especially of the singletrack variety, in SE Michigan, I'd be all for running on them. Next year, I'm hoping to go out west for a full marathon on one somewhere and tie it in with a vacation.
Yesterday I ran a trail half marathon in Hell, Michigan. I should have figured from the name of the community that it would be tough. It was my first HM entirely on a trail and I had heard that this one was tough, but it was much tougher than I was expecting. I clocked about 1,300 feet of elevation climb over the course (which is a lot for southern Michigan) and some of the initial climbs felt like I was going up a wall instead of a hill. The final few miles were a little...
My chukkas on the RLH are going on two years old and still look like new. However, I have so many shoes/boots in my normal rotation that it's hard for me to estimate how durable a sole really is.
I don't think it would be a problem. I have a pair of shoes and a pair of boots with red brick soles and unless you cross your legs or put your feet up (or the soles are comically thick), 95% of the people you encounter on a daily basis will not even notice them.I wouldn't wear them with a suit but reds, chinos, jeans, cords, etc. of basically any shade or color should be fine with them. And FWIW, the red brick sole is tied with the RLH as the most comfortable soles I've...
I've always had trouble with sizing in Tricker's but these fit me great. This is my first pair of anything from them on the 4497 last and they seem to fit a bit more narrow (especially in the heel) than the shoes I have (I cannot recall off the top of my head what lasts any of them are on).
For any on the fence about the black Stows on the "Last Pair" through LS - do it. I'm wearing mine today and absolutely love them. I agree with @zippyh - you guys need black Stows!