or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

I'm currently in no hurry to get my EFF stuff. My daughter brought home lice from that tenement we call a school so everything has been removed from our already overflowing closets to get cleaned or bagged for a few weeks. What a mess!
If you do use 1701 at some point, I'd be interested in your experience as well.I went into their shop in Birmingham on a whim one day (I was dropping something off at "Ali the Tailor" who is just a couple doors down) and they had a pretty good selection of fabric books to pick through. I wasn't really interested in buying anything that day so wasn't listening too hard at the prices but I seem to recall that their prices jump pretty quickly as you move up from the basic...
I have not received anything from my order yet. I'm waiting on three sportcoats and a suit.
^ This.I have a handful of cotton-silk neckties and bow ties that I've gotten from a local store and eBay over the years and wish I had more. They have a great texture to them that lets them fit in perfectly with heavy flannels and tweeds in the fall and winter as well as with lighter hopsack, linen, madras, tropical wool, and cotton in the spring and summer. They hold up much better over the long run compared to 100% cotton ties, and, most importantly for me, don't look...
If the pants were just about an inch more in the waist, I could probably make the sit work. Maybe I should use this as motivation to lose a couple inches from my waist?(I type this as I sit here and drink my large caramel macchiato and eat a cheese danish...)
@EP Sam - Awesome news on the TO Tie Guy Boot. I'm looking forward to mine. For future orders, I'd love to see a brown alpine grain LHS loafer.
4 miles on the treadmill this morning.
This looks insanely awesome as a suit!
Like others, I have not had any issues selling to new buyers on here. There was one occasion where I was selling something a bit more expensive than my typical items and the buyer had a spammy sound name and username so I asked if they had activity on any other forums. They were a frequent poster on WUS with plenty of positive feedback over there so my worries were eased.
I too would be interested in them.