or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

All three are great boots IMO, and I think it will come down to what suits you and your wardrobe the best.I recently got the wingtip boot from TSM and have been wearing it a lot lately, however, if I wouldn't have missed the boat on the NST from Unionmade, I would have rather had that.All three seem to have about the same level of versatility to me, with NST being slightly more casual than the others and the captoe being slightly more formal that the others. I look at the...
I'm headed to DC later this week for the Marine Corps Marathon and along with my usual stops at J. Press and the Alden store, I'm thinking about hitting up Sky Valet. I don't see them mentioned on here too often. Has anybody been in there recently - are they worth the trip?If I am wearing a suit or nice trousers and coat, I'll usually wear Color #8 shell cordovan. If it's fall or winter and I'm wearing jeans, tweeds, or moleskin, I'll often wear my kudu LWB. Either ones...
I am a bit taller than you and went with a 1.5" cuff on most of them and a 2" cuff on a couple other pair of trousers. 2" is normally a bit more than what I put on my trousers but I think it looks good, especially on the tweeds.
I got a few pair of the recent FF moleskins, tweeds, and flannels all with cuffs. I like cuffs on my heavier-weight trousers such as these at it helps to balance things out at the bottom of the legs. This year, mine are all in the "Rudy" cut though, so YMMV.FWIW, I was wearing a pair of grey wool cord Rivets from last years stock this weekend and was regretting not getting them cuffed. I think the taped seams look pretty good on these and add a nice little bit of contrast,...
The awesomeness of the tankers are overshadowed by the awesomeness of the trousers. I may need to look for something similar.
Camel hair jackets seem to be one of the most versatile things in a man's wardrobe (right up there with the ubiquitous navy blazer) as far as matching trousers to it goes. Mine isn't Epaulet (but am tempted to add theirs to my closet by one that is out there on the B&S forum) but I wear mine quite often in the fall and winter with navy, darker shades of brown, and even the occasional dark red cords. I have a pair of olive moleskins inbound that should pair nicely with it...
Having seen some OSC jackets in the flesh before and having lived in the Carolinas for a few years, I can only imagine that the jacket is likely going to be overkill for you (especially if it's like a replacement to the Spiewak Snorkel Parka which Epaulet isn't offering this year). However, if by chance it is a lighter-weight down filled shirt jacket, that would be something you could get a lot of use from down there.I'm interested to see what Epaulet will be offering from...
About 4 miles on the treadmill this morning.
I'd keep an eye out on those sites that offer one deal a day or one deal at a time (like SteepAndCheap.com) for compression socks. I know it's sort of annoying to keep checking in on them constantly but that's where I got my pair of CEPs. I think I paid about $20 shipped.
Regarding the ripple soles - When I was in the Marine Corps, ripple soled combat boots were very popular among the Marines and sailors who worked as aircraft mechanics or other jobs inside the hangers. The hangers and the runway aprons generally have surprisingly smooth surfaces that would become quite slick when hydraulic and other fluids were present and the ripple soles were better than the traditional lugged sole at maintaining traction. They were more popular than...