or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

I've had mixed experience with Bonobos as well. Once you dial in on the proper size/fit combination, their casual chinos are pretty great considering you can often find get them significantly discounted. I have had a few pair for 3 or 4 years now and they are still holding up well. And like the OP, I got a couple of their shorts this year and have been more than satisfied with them as well. Their shirts are a different beast altogether. I have 2 or 3 button up cotton...
And since we're posting family photos, here's an old one from me: It's gone through a lot of changes since this was taken (early spring 2013?) but size-wise it's roughly the same.
Gorgeous boots!I don't need any more boots but was genuinely saddened when these sold out in my size before I made it over to the Unionmade site.
I recently ordered a pair of Clymer 2.0 navy suede shoes but didn't care for the workboot style sole on the standard one either so I went with the Reltex honey sole. They are scheduled to ship today. Once they do ship and arrive, I'll try and compare them to my Ranger Mocs.
SB - I've never had that happen to me during a run, but I have had it on occasion when I go to a spin class in the morning and then work out for a bit and go into the steam room. I'm usually pretty well hydrated but I've noticed that it's much more likely to happen if I haven't had anything to eat beforehand. Now I know if I am going for a morning like that I'll have something at home (usually toast with peanut butter) and a GU (or something similar) between the spin class...
I took a pair of coffee twill Rudy trousers and the POW suit that was recently marked down to an insane price in to my tailor at lunch and he gave his usual comments he makes when I bring in stuff from Epaulet about how nice of a quality they appear to be. He doesn't seem to make the same comments when I bring in most of my other stuff. I'll take that as a nod to the awesome Epaulet quality. Speaking of the Rudy trousers... I sure hope we get to see more options for...
Mine got a lot of use during the Winter From Hell this past year. I spent a lot of time outside in the subzero weather and was never cold in that parka.
11 miles at a good clip this morning.
The camp sole is not ideal in the ice and snow but I've worn worse. I honestly don't think it's any worse than Rancourt's Tempest sole (or the Dainite sole) which I've always found to be much less grippy than other people report and have never understood the love of. If I lived somewhere like Chicago or NYC where I was liable to be out walking much more than we do in Detroit I would be less likely to wear these in the winter. Around here though, they will probably still...
My wife is dragging me to the Eminem concert in Detroit on Friday. I have zero desire to go. In return, I'm dragging her to go see Randy Newman just before Thanksgiving in Indiana.