or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

Are your pearl grey flannels from the current MTO round? If so, how long did it take for them to ship to you once you placed the order.
I need to take my chambray Doyle in to have the sleeves shortened about an inch or so but have been neglecting that because I don't want to go a couple days without it.
I know there are some moleskins coming down the line. I don't have any details though.
I woke up around 4:30 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep (a 4 hour nap the day before probably helped that) but just didn't feel like running so I ended up going for a brisk walk into downtown for a couple donuts and some coffee and then back home. I considered going to the gym to use the bikes or step machine but the weather was so cool and crisp I wanted to be outside. FWIW, when I'm old and retired, I'll probably be the old guy in the neighborhood who gets up around...
I've ordered from them a few times. The first couple of times I was always hit with USPS's "brokerage fee" but about a year ago Frans Boone started marking their shipping documents to clearly state that the goods were Made in the USA (if that is the case) and I haven't been hit with the brokerage fee on either of the two orders I've placed since then.
26.2 in the Air Force Marathon yesterday. I have the MCM coming up in about 5 weeks so I decided to lay back on this one. I was shooting for 4 hours but ended up at 4:17 and change. I went out way too fast from the start and at the halfway point I was on pace for about 3:30. I slowed myself down but then started to feel ill and by the end I was walking every other mile between 20 and 25. After the race I jumped in the Jeep and made the 4.5 hour drive home and went straight...
You are indeed correct. I thought there was an extra half inch in the Rudy. It must be the extra space in the thigh/seat that makes it seem like more in the rise to me.
I have some Walts and with a bit of altering they work fine. I just prefer the little bit higher rise that the Rudy has. Given the choice between the Walt and the Rudy, I'll take the Rudy. And I did so yesterday when I ordered the racing green and pearl,grey flannels and the camel tweed.I should be all set for the cold weather this year.
They are indeed on the RLH. I think the wedge sole is very comfortable but it's just so ugly IMO. The RLH is just as comfortable but works much better on days I want to wear these to the office.
When I first got my Whisky Indy boots I thought the color was so over powering and rarely wore it with anything. It's really grown on me though and now I love it for its distinctiveness. I wish I could find a PTB, LWB, or mocc toe lace-up in the Whiskey in my size. These days I greatly prefer my Whiskey to any Ravello I've had. I'd say I prefer it more than my Cigar as well but the Cigar always has such gorgeous variations to it that each batch is so unique.