or Connect

Posts by Michigan Planner

You are indeed correct. I thought there was an extra half inch in the Rudy. It must be the extra space in the thigh/seat that makes it seem like more in the rise to me.
I have some Walts and with a bit of altering they work fine. I just prefer the little bit higher rise that the Rudy has. Given the choice between the Walt and the Rudy, I'll take the Rudy. And I did so yesterday when I ordered the racing green and pearl,grey flannels and the camel tweed.I should be all set for the cold weather this year.
They are indeed on the RLH. I think the wedge sole is very comfortable but it's just so ugly IMO. The RLH is just as comfortable but works much better on days I want to wear these to the office.
When I first got my Whisky Indy boots I thought the color was so over powering and rarely wore it with anything. It's really grown on me though and now I love it for its distinctiveness. I wish I could find a PTB, LWB, or mocc toe lace-up in the Whiskey in my size. These days I greatly prefer my Whiskey to any Ravello I've had. I'd say I prefer it more than my Cigar as well but the Cigar always has such gorgeous variations to it that each batch is so unique.
The whiskey does have a tendency to make me forget my problems.
It's Friday so that means it's time for a shot of whiskey.
The re-soling/re-furnishing package at Rancourt seems pretty thorough and reasonably priced for having the original manufacturer do the work.
There's now an unofficial wait list for my pre-ordered boots. Maybe I should be like Leffot and take a non-refundable deposit?
I feel your pain @lagsun. After finally trying the Rudy earlier this summer, it's Rudy for me all the way now. The slightly higher rise makes a huge difference. Usually I don't mind ordering a pair of MTO pants with a finished hem if I am getting them from a trusted source like Epaulet. However, if were going to have them tapered locally, I wouldn't bother getting them hemmed beforehand. It just seems like an unnecessary extra step in that situation. And how much extra...
I received my navy suede Clymers a couple of weeks ago but have only had a chance to wear them a few times. I need to fix that.