or Connect

Posts by Xenon

OK since YMMV, but for instance I would wear a JL chapel in any setting from a boardroom (with suit) to a pair of jeans in a bar.Also same for matt croc/gator in a sober color (perhaps less). Thing is though croc and gator are seriously durable/tough skins with a little care.As for cordovan, it should never be given as a suggestion to newbs. This material is only for die hard fans: caveat emptor
I think we scared the OP away . Good job
Color: Burgundy or similar Type: sleek boot or blucher or double monkstrap material: calf or alligator or croc upper, leather single sole, with topy added treated very generously with Saphir Super Invulnerabilisateur
The top photo, that is totally gemming failure unrelated to the disassembly. Just look at that canvas, it is now brown and green and curled on itself in the failed areas, not white or freshly shredded/torn. This gemming failure probably started a few years ago per the condition that canvas is in.The hand welt photos show a loose stitching but not failure. Certainly sub standard or not what i would accept.Quite simply gemming is a factory solution to time/cost cutting and...
The reason noone cares is because gemming failure might simply feel like a more comfortable shoe, the way a padded trainer will feel especially when old. Let's face it a tight new oxford might look and feel wonderful to us but alot of guys consider this a necessary evil. So when the shoe becomes wider as the gemming seperates it will become looser and thus more comfortable to many. BTW i myself still wear shes with failed gemming when doing casual work around the house...
Seriously Gdot, I don't mean to pick on you but none of these really (well maybe 2 a bit).Casually the most visible to the owner would be a warped insole when looking inside the shoe at ball area. This can be subtle at first but will progress. Most owners would not even notice and probably find the shoe more comfortable as it looses its original tight factory shape and slowly progessively becomes more like a structureless slipper.BTW a typical cobler will not tell you the...
OK well first the plainly hidden secret thing was a joke, there should have been a smiley there. So your right it's not a secret and outside of a few shoe nerds (like myself and present company) NOONE else cares. Really, no other shoe consumers give a crap. Complete apathy for better or worse.No mix up of logic. Seriously you think the picture we're talking about is special or rare. If I took a picture of a rusted Lincoln car (ford) would you think it rare?Experience :...
sorry just saw this part but haven't read it yet.Airplanes use bonding of the aluminum skin as part of a rivetted and bonded sheathing. The bonding is especially important in order to get an airtight vessel and does not act alone. Make no mistake that many major structural components of a plane are not bonded but very carefully welded/melded, friction welded etc. (welding aluminum properly is not an easy task and the risks of poor welds very high) and this is much costlier...
Well honestly I was targetting an audience beyond this thread, but regardless.Common as in very very likely at least one shoe of every single pair sent in for resoling will need some sort of gemming repair. Certainly not possible but rather very likely. Yeah that common:nodding:There is a reason why resole / recrafts are so much more expensive at the manufacturer than a local cobler (who has never seen gemming failure and will never check) and why removing the cork (for...