or Connect

Posts by Xenon

Quote: Originally Posted by Vox Populi That last looks strictly for the ladies. Have a stiletto put on! In reality this last is quite close to that of a roach killer toed cowboy boot. The last is design for a 1 & 3/8 inch heel and the geometry would be totally wrong for a 4" heel I am actually almost finished making a 3 inch stiletto heel boot last for my wife and one of my sisters. Those lasts are truly works of art in their own right....
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir James How do you know what the final product will look like? Actually I worked backwards, as I suspect shoe designers do. I knew exactly what I wanted the final shoe to look like and went from there. The shoe exists in complete 3 D form in my mind-all the info is there. It is just a matter of putting it on paper. There are 3 parameters that affect the final shoe: 1)The form, 2) the color (including...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrigglez ^^^^^ interesting lasts, what experience have you had in last making? None until about 6 months ago. This is my fourth set so far but none have really been tested. I do alot of serious cabinet making and wood carving (mostly busts) as a hobby though. Also I don't presume to really know anything about last making or how to compensate for improper gait ect, but approched this as simply duplicating my...
Hello Everyone, New poster but long time lurker. I also want to thank everyone for this very interesting and timely thread. I have been looking around a long time for someone who would be willing to work with my designs and lasts and Cliff is definitely that person. I have been in contact with Cliff and he is willing to work with the last in the attached photo. I just finished this particular version and will be sending it to him tomorrow. Here is what I call...