or Connect

Posts by Xenon

newbie73 that is nice detective work! You must certainly have some connection to this to put 2 photos 2 years apart together?
Quote: Originally Posted by UpperWestie Yes. I see your point. I hear these have been adopted by the russian special forces. Literally millions will be made and should become available in 20 years on the surplus market. Can't wait! PS: there called "galoshnikovs"
Quote: Originally Posted by NeverFullyDressed Thanks very much for that reply. I believe the neck measurement, as you have identified, is too big. Therefore I will ask as a bespoke option to have an inch taken off in future and hopefull ythat will reduce the issue. Here is an image, please excuse the tee shirt as I needed something loose fittingwhich did not obscure the collar: Any thoughts?? Typical OTR fitting issue (even if the suit isn't)....
I love paisley and have legions of paisley ties, many with striking contrast (dark blues with yellow ect.) I recently scored 2 Brioni gold thread (38% oro) paisley ties at a Nieman Marcus Last Call in Miami. The sales girl was a really striking (of the super pretty variety) petite latina as well - but alas I am already married. There is a thread at AskAndy with lots of paisley tie photos
Quote: Originally Posted by junior varsity are the posters who are 5'8 and 135lbs in america? because i am 5'7 and 150 and i am skinny as hell compared to all of my friends... 12% body fat, 38 chest, 29 waist... i cant imagine being 135lbs even at 1 inch shorter I am 5'6" and 130 to 135, slim yes but not ridiculously so. I have alot of trouble with all clothing since I have broad square shoulders and strong chest but my waist is 28 and I...
For 1000% sure this is not Horn or animal origin of any kind It could be corozo (plant origin) which takes dye very well. Of course there are alot of resin buttons that imitate corozo very well. All natural materials (derived from living source) have some visible structure/grain/pore ect from their growth. It will be the presence of an organized pore or fiber type structure that extends into the material that will allow you to distinguish corozo from resin. Plastics...
Quote: Originally Posted by Viral Perhaps, but bigger point I was making is that the structiral integrity of the garment will be compromised.....it will never be the same. Depends, if its a good quality fusing no way. Although it doesn't necessarily make for a great suit good quality fusing is bullet proof - don,t even worry about dry cleaning. Bubbling occurs with rediculously cheap suits/fusing. I have washed (in hot whites cycle)...
excellent post DWFII. I also didn't know that original goodyear welting did not use the canvas rib. It was always my understanding that there was no hand welting outside of bespoke. Good to know some Eastern European makers may use this in RTW pricing level. To be honest this is why i personally have never had any qualms about a fashion forward italian 100% cement job (no stitching at all). In my experiance the few goodyear I have had deteriorated faster at the...
double post
From MyTailer.com: Mostly TM Gold 140 twill and some DJA. The last at bottom is DJA Cullinan 300 x 300 twill = simply shirting nirvana. http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...=P1010326a.jpg