or Connect

Posts by Xenon

No don't remove the dangling bits. The surface of leather needs to be retained First use a bit of water to straighten the dangling leather (bits). Use your fingers to pull them gently straight (not to remove but make fibers straight). You will now have clean straight leather flaps Once dry use a bit of glue (carpenter glue is OK but water resistent cements are better) and aply thinly to the open wounds (underneath dangling leather). Then place the dangling fiber...
I like alot of waist supression but that guy has no shoulders - his hips a wider than his shoulders - just like a woman. It looks silly! He would benefit from a built up shoulder that is extended out
Quote: Originally Posted by westinghouse What moron would pay thousands for a stainless steel watch when you can have a solid 18k gold watch for tens of thousands? I've only seen three of these in my life and one is on my wrist right now So much for all that dime a dozen nonsense... Holy crap!!!! That's alot of gold....yellow gold. Shouldn't all this be in Fort Knox? TBH I would agree (if I had the money) with your statement if it was...
Quote: Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig exactly. differences between good and bad, or very good and passable, you need to have experienced the very good. for example, someone who doesn't know wine will very well question why they should buy anything but the $10 bottle they can get at their grocery store "because they all taste the same to me". but once you have tried the good stuff and built an eye / appreciation for the details that previously may have...
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy I think both Prada and HB have a certain "crisp" cut and style to them that many people and especially women seem to like on men (or at least did). Times, styles, cuts and overall looks do change and we do seem to be heading into a more relaxed tailored look that might be hard for Prada or HB to emulate. Well said. If you like A&S ofcourse you won't like anything Boss or Prada related. Actually...
I have many many Boss items including a host of suits. Not a single one of them has any synthetic exterior. Many of the suits use Loro Piana Summer Tasmanian 120, winter tasmanian or Four Seasons. as well as VBC. There is nothing cheap or low grade about this cloth (obviously not the ultimate though). Most are in the super 110s and above and upto 140 every single one uses real horn buttons everywhere and are every step as good as any other fused suit at any price- and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by entrero Aquascutum trench +1 Can't recommend this enough. I have one in tough 100% coton twill and I get an unbelieveable amount of compliments from complete strangers. And all the true trench warfare features are there and in the right place. The color is also beautiful bronze. Does anybody know how to show pictures directly with the post and not have to use a hosting site like photobucket?
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel This has to be one of the most foolish threads I've ever seen outside of DT! 90 degrees out, I damn well WILL be wearing a hat. I also will NOT be wearing a jacket. Any person who spends much time out in the elements and does not wear a hat of some sort is a fool! . +1000. It's amazing in this day and age where everyone including men are worried about looking young (not just cloths related)...
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday "Traditional English shoemaker of the highest caliber" and "Avant-garde fashion house for those who wish to be seen"? Uneasy bedfellows at best, I'd say. They don't have to be uneasy, infact this has the potential to be a match made in heaven. Traditional English shoemaker of the highest caliber can indicate the highest quality materails and assembly procedures and NOT the finished style. + Avant...
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII The point here is that increasing the rate of work is counter-productive--as quantity goes up, quality goes down and with that quality slip comes a certain disenchantment and sense of betrayal in those customers who were expecting something exceptional. 100% agreed. This is why more artisans is the only solution to more supply. But this must be done in a way that more artisans doesn't reduce wages or...