or Connect

Posts by Xenon

And the Roman Empire fell to the hands of barbarians and Arabs. See what wearing socks with sandals will bring you!!!! During the Third Reich wearing socks with sandals was cause for immediate execution. Seriously though, besides the beach or pool side (exception only) why do men wear sandals? Isn't it obvious men's feet should not be seen!!!!!!! (this applys to women who have feet that look like men's)
I bought a v-neck loro piana cashmere cardigan last winter and it is fairly soft but I suspect that the true difference in cashmere quality is more reflected in the worsted outer coat weight cashmere which is far more fiber intensive.
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII The truth is that leather soles do breathe. Anyone who says different doesn't really understand leather. That said, "breathing" is more about wicking moisture away from the source (your foot) than it is about drawing air in and blowing it out. I'm not a fan of Topy or Vibram. I've seen both get brittle and crack sitting on the shelf (not being a fan, I probably don't turn over inventory as quickly as Nick V.)....
Yes websites can and have been wrong (happens all the time), but labels on garments can also be wrong or make false claims (though this is much rarer and mostly of garments with a chinese origin) Super 120 is two things: 1)Super is a marketing/hype term used for wool 2) 120 in simplest terms denotes the gauge for a natural fiber, so 120 can be used for cotton but you will almost never see cotton referred to as super 120 even though it could be 120 (since 120 cotton is...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley These are human males? Sure they're males , just not human
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria First... ...then 10 minutes on medium in this... ...hang on laundry line, then beat vigorously with this first... ...then this second... Easy as pie Oh, and Alex: gentlemen take off their pants entirely first before urinating. - B that last one - the whip is only because you guys are old fashioned. I use a blender with rocks in it!
BTW when the interior of a car is professionally and properly steam cleaned (with true very hot and dry focused steam), the dirt is only loosened. It must still be vacumed(sp?) to actually remove the dirt. How many here vacume the suits?
Quote: Originally Posted by a tailor some folks wear a pair of jeans several months before washing. and then they cry. how about your suits? just my humble opinion, lets clean the suit from time to time. if it cant stand an occasional cleaning it cant be much of a suit. disclamer:: i pay to have my clothes cleaned,. thats the only connection i have with the dry cleaning industry. . Let's stop with all the fantasy...
Quote: Originally Posted by courty For the desert or the tropics, I, for one, would be hot in almost anything. I like H&S Crispare (9/10oz) and Harrisons Frontier (10oz) for hot weather. Both cloths are relatively cool but still substantial enough to hold there shape wear well. Anthying lighter and you give up too much in durability and creasing for little or no more comfort. I realize there is no love on this forum for true light weight...
Same problem here. I am a 38 chest with 28" waist but only 5'6". To top it all off my shoulders are very square (do not slant down from neck). In a t-shirt it almost looks like I have roped shoulders. First of all gaining weight is a complete NO unless you want to look like a cement block -(look at schwarzenegger in a suit in 80s). Lots of waist suppression is good and it needs to be coupled with high armholes. The ususal low armholes add to the bulky look of wide...