or Connect

Posts by Xenon

Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman I am morally opposed to sandals on men unless one is on the beach or showering at the gym. There is no other place for a grown man to wear sandals. I am not opposed to sandals on women. I am even opposed to sandals on women if they have ugly feet. Basically it is wrong to show bad feet. And i think the voting options should include quartering and disembowelment.
I have several HB items but only one topcoat. This topcoat is 100% cashmere and is the only item I have ever paid more than 50% off. I knowingly bought it at the worst possible time (during fall) as I couldn't find any nicely fitted RTW 100% cashmere coats cheaper. I certainly paid far too much for it but I take solice in that I never saw it on sale anywhere after even at the end of the season. It is a very nice cashmere and I recieve many compliments when I wear it.
OK thanks guys
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne They're more like halfway between Ste-Catherine and De Maisonneuve, not actually at the corner of De Maisonneuve. You might have visited another shop instead (Via Uomo?). Yes, a distinct possibility. I know there are 3 or 4 shops on that side of peel and some use the term "Uomo" This could be my chance to try on the 888 last to see how a G&G would fit. Do you gentlemen think that would be completely...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley ^^Dry cleaning a shirt is 4x the cost. I have sent my shirts out for laundry the past 3 years, and have noticed no deterioration of the fabric. There is no way I will pay $60 every two weeks for shirts to be cleaned and pressed instead of $15. That is insane. laundering at a professional establishment is OK since my understanding is that the machines use water softenners/reverse osmosis giving a good...
Quote: Originally Posted by onix I about perc (not perk) ? Perc. yes thank you Quote: Originally Posted by onix I People often complain about chipped/damaged shell buttons, do you know why? Perc. I don't know. MOP is pretty inert. I had always thought that it was the MOP banging against the metal drum that would chip them. I had some MOP chip on my shirts laundered at home before I started to...
Quote: Originally Posted by jefferyd Yes. They also have some nice clothing in there, and they know their stuff. OK, interesting. Last time I was in there they didn't have any of either but that was maybe 4 months ago. When were you there
Quote: Originally Posted by jefferyd L'Uomo in Montreal carries both Edward Green and John Lobb. Is that the one on the corner of Peel and de Maisonneuve?
Quote: Originally Posted by onix Where do you live? Do you understand that dry cleaning = using extremely active chemical solvent? And compared to this, those "mineral contents" you talked about is pretty much nothing? The mineral content in city water can include Calcium, Iron, Manganese which when dry act like abrassives. This will definitely abraid the cloth fibers and shorten the lifespan in areas such as where I live (very hard...
Fellow Canuck here and everyone is right. (actually Canada sucks in many other areas as well) Always always try to use any countries government run post service and avoid UPS like the plague. UPS will absolutely make sure you pay the most taxes and duties as well as thier ridiculous brokerage service. UPS = U Pay Us BIGTIME. I have always had good luck with stuff coming from UK in terms of shipping and no duty. It really helps if the shipper is willing to help you...