or Connect

Posts by Xenon

I am from montreal as well and have to say that there really isn't alot of value here. In fact there as not much a mtm (or bespoke? - yeah right and the cheque is in the mail, honest) can do here that an asian online service can't do better for half price. For sure though, forget tony the tailor (the one on stanley?) and Russel. I tried tony for an almost mtm shirt and the result was barely OK. Highest grade shirting was 140 - that's it. Didn't try Russels but had a...
I am not someone who cares much about status symbols only form, (sometimes function) and usefullness. Sometimes even workmanship and definitely value. As such I am about to purchases an automatic fake ballon bleu (cartier) because the shape is so pure and seamless and there is no way in hell I could justify the price of a real cartier by what is present on the watch. I have no problems with fakes but would prefer the fake without the prestige name on it. Anyone know of...
Quote: Originally Posted by rotk Thanks for the advice. My derma believes my acne is whiteheads and has prescribed me differin and minocycline for two months. Hopefully this will work and also not leave scars OK that's good. Differin contains a retinoid like substance so has the same (slightly milder) effect as a true retinoid (tretinoin). Don't worry if your skin gets temporarily red or worse as this is very common and just means it is...
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII But wicking would be a good thing, don't you see? The problem is that we tend to see wicking as being akin to a sponge--water moving from wet to dry. And it's not a bad analogy except it doesn't hold up in detail. Wicking is far more passive...moisture has a place to go rather than building up around the foot. . Believe me, I totally get this!!. This is one of the reasons i find fiberboard or other composite...
For a fuller cut TF suit I think it looks good. Tapering the legs may make the whole suit look a little top heavy though so would be tempted to leave as is. Just to clear things up for me: OP mentioned this was a C cut and in another thread there was a more fitted suit witch was a B cut. Where does the A cut fit in relative to B and C ? Is a A cut the slimmest or most fitted or have the most waist suppression?
Personnally I would far prefer that the filler be real leather but is it possible that the tarred felt is used to prevent moisture from wicking to the insole when walking in water? If this is a possibility wouldn't tarred leather or greased leather be better anyways? Like why have gold jewelry made with a zinc core, wouldn't you also want the core to be gold as well? Aside from the jewelry example above (where cost would be a huge factor) the use of other fillers...
God I love MOP. Chech out the the 1911 grips in MOP!!!!! I almost purchased , but Handicraft couldn't promise that they would leave out the item description on the package. Potential for huge DEFCON 1 alert in my country if customs openned it. Honestly though as mentionned I think the rigidity of the MOP might place alot of stress on the cloth at a particular point.
Forgot to add that if the pimples go red (full blown acne) it would be standard procedure to also put you on acne antibiotics such as tetracycline, minocycline ect.
Acne 1) see derm for proffessional help 2)if it gets serious and you are really emotionally troubled, a good derm will prescribe oral vitamin A derivative (brand name Accutane). This is the atom bomb for acne but may have some adverse effect on liver function long term. That said there are some new studies showing that potential liver damage is only transient and that in most cases results in no long term effect. Not sure which one to believe. 3)if not too serious...
Quote: Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH I had this discussion last weekend with the best friend and girlfriend over martinis (Old Raj, thanks to Vox). I pretty much hate any shoe that shows the foot. Even on women. I am not one of those foot hating people, I just think in any situation other than on the beach there is going to be footwear that is a better option. I don't care how cute you think your toes are. I would almost completely...