or Connect

Posts by Xenon

Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl .................... though it looks like a womens boot... So do I put your name down for a pair? I can make them daintier if you want!!
Although this is something not meant to be seen, I find it very beautiful. The stitching is so precise, clean & harmonious:
Those are extremely beautiful. I really love the bevelled and fiddle back waist- and the heal height is really classic looking and elegant ( I am also short). May I ask what your current wait time is currently for commissions?
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Damn. Last time I paid any attention the max was 240. Really flimsy stuff. I have a 3x3 160s which is incredible but it cost a fortune. Never again. It's also hot. Honestly that's my experience with poplin as well. But the 300/2 twill from DJA is just out of this world soft & silky yet has a feel of strength to it that is remarkable. I have fallen in love with that stuff Here is the link , but...
[quote=potemkin_city_limits;3681415]Its funny I had a friend give me a replica Rolex once. It looks almost perfect and no one would actually be able to tell the difference, yet I still just dont enjoy wearing it because to me its a $100 watch with a Rolex logo on it. If you cant afford the real thing then go buy something else. QUOTE] Remove or have someone remove the Rolex name on the dial and back (I assume) and it will be "something else" which you can then wear.
Quote: Originally Posted by patrick_b +1 I could care less if someone wears a fake, but I just think it's so cheesy to pass off a fake as real when asked. However, nobody ever asks. Nobody but other watch enthusiasts notice the watch on your wrist and they are often the one who can tell the difference. Well said and totally agree. Trying to pass a fake is admitting someone cares more about the status symbol than the actual merits of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by run23 Try MKii watches. These are I inspired by classic watch designs and are great designs in their own right. I'd put a $700 MKii. (no in-house movement aside) up against a Rolex any day. Yeah, Rolex would win, but it'll be closer than you might think. thanks, I will have a look
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirtmaven poplin=broadcloth various qualities from 40/1-240/2 still poplin/broadcloth twill is also a weave. again, lots of qualities some are smooth finished, some have a bit of a brushed feel Sorry shirtmaven didn't see your post. DJA now has a shirting called Cullinan it is a 300/2 available in both twill and poplin. I have the twill only but this stuff is as decadent as silk but a whole lot more...
Quote: Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH Poplin is cotton. It is just the weave that makes it "poplin". Exactly. Poplin = Broadcloth = Plain weave. All 3 are equivalent nowadays and can be found in any type of material (coton, silk, linen, wool ect) Twill is a type of weave that has a diagonal appearance to it. It can also be found in any type of material (coton, silk, linen, wool ect) Poplin and twill weaves are both popular...
May I suggest Twill instead of poplin (plain weave). I have many shirts in both twill and plain weave in the same coton (same NE, manufacturer and similar weight) and clearly the twill is more wrinkle resistent. Interestingly the twill seems softer where the plain weave seems to have a much dryer hand. The twill is as thin and light but feels more substantial somehow, just much nicer in my opinion. Because of this twill is now my absolute favorite and I will pick a...