or Connect

Posts by Xenon

Anybody find it strange that the welt and upper looks like it was pretrimmed (roughly) before the welt was finished being sewn?
I usually prefer my vest back the same as the suit fabric, but also have a few vests with the back made from lining. Depends on the purpose. The purple you pictured is awesome and very versatile with grays, olives, taupes, blacks. Certain blues/navy would be about the only colors I would avoid for purple lining. The major point though is that Texas combined with vests/3 piece wouldn't make sense for me. Way too hot for that. In such cases the vest would be a separate and...
I am diametrically apposed to sprezz or insouciant (without worry). But perhaps a portion of they're origin really was in neglect or need and not deliberately thought out. Sometimes there is no time to tie the perfect knot or button all the buttons etc. Sometimes a loose tie is really more comfortable when it is stinking hot. Example I have a high instep and my double monks all hurt when I buckle the top strap. Sure I know maybe I shouldn't have purchased them if they...
Let's clear a few misconceptions, that about sole/inner sole leather, petroleum derivatives and fiberboards.A dress shoe using nothing but a "quality" vegetable tanned inner and outer sole, if properly fitted can be extremely comfortable for very long periods of standing wear and normal walking distances (let's say under 10 km). However they will not be as comfortable for jogging/ running long distances as a shoe using very low density synthetics such as urethane foam,...
No , Platinum would likely be the hardest in the annealed (soft ), there are many variables here (including alloying elements) but brass would likely be much softer and very close to gold and silver. Stainless steal is difficult to say as there are thousands of types/grade and heat treatment would make a huge difference. Certain grades could be made brutally hard.However here are some facts: Silver is the most reflective substance in the universe followed by gold. The...
What is it with fashion brands and toe spring? All the shoes look like the have been worn hard and left without shoe trees. Those toe tips bulge up like an old clown's galosh.
In theory this really sounds nice but in practice you can't see them yourself so the metal goes unappreciated. I once considered making some myself out of silver. I even bought a thin sheet of silver 925 but never got around to making them. Tbh I don't even use stays anymore and particularly find rigid metal stays a little unforgiving on high end cotons.
I would go so far as to say that all the tradition was based on availabilty and type of material/assembly before easthetics even came to be considered. Something became flattering simply because it was the "way" of doing things. No one considered there may be better because better was arbitrary.Also even today, there are large variances across various societies/ethnicities.
It doesn't, but it's like politics, you have to keep up appearances. Perhaps a better analogy is the olympics, everyone has to pretend that drug usage is marginal and scandalous and that we actually care.Personally though I think of feminine/masculine as a continuum in certain clothing and divide in others. I'm not sure I like the sweater above just becasue I don't like sweaters in general, but I can see this working for a man under several circumstances. It would also be...
First off, for anyone following this part know that DWFII is the expert here.This is interesting and good to know. I was not aware that veg tan would as you say "subsume" to this level . Does this cause the leather to thicken substantially in such areas? My train of thought was definitely on chrome tannage and I assumed the throat area and surrounding would have been cut with a much smaller circumferance than last in order to avoid the large excess below.When doing this...