or Connect

Posts by tim_horton

Agree.Also agree.I rarely wear dress trousers and sports coats, it's either suits or casual wear. I wear navy pants a lot but in casual fabrics like chinos, midnight blue denim, etc. Anything that doesn't really need a crease. I like the look but it doesn't really carry over to worsted trousers.
Hard to say. He has macular degeneration, but I figure it's the thought that counts.
The fit in my last few NSM suits is better than in my first commission. I chalked this up to the normal run-in period with a new tailor, and also my getting a better realization of what I like. FWIW I'm waering an 8 oz. Fresco NSM suit today, and a friend's father told me I "looked sharp."
I remember. I was going to go SB but my last NSM was a a DB suit - my first DB - and it came out so nice I went the same way with this commission. I feel like making all future commissions DB.
Ditto.
I supplied it.
Wow just found this thread. Congrats, NYI, Yellow Hook is clearly a labor of love, hope it's a great success.
I got my first fitting of a DB suit in the LL mocha linen, and put in an order for a navy pinstripe DB from the Lesser 8/9 oz. (31360). I was initially going to go with a similar fabric from the Minnis Fresco book (0558) but have heard so many good things about the Lesser that I wanted to give it a shot, and besides wanted to make this suit from a slightly more formal cloth. Both are pretty standard in terms of details - 6x2 button stance, peak lapels, trousers with one...
I agree, it depends on a lot of factors like fabric, formaility out trousers, etc. In general I like to cuff my suit trousers and leave jeans/chinos/odd trousers uncuffed unless the odd trousers are the kind that would always look better with a sports coat/blazer, like grey worsted wool trousers.. That probably is the opposite of conventional wisdom.
I agree, length looks fine.