or Connect

Posts by tim_horton

As the title says: http://cgi.ebay.com/2195-GIANLUCA-IS...item58898ac294 I like the color, but I'm afraid it looks like a three-button jacket (which doesn't look that good on me, IMO) and also looks a bit like an orphaned suit jacket.
One shoe of each in black, brown, burgundy and suede. The black has to be a cap toe, the rest up to personal preference (I happen to prefer cap toes to other types of shoes.) I'm trying to work my way up to a double monk for the fifth, but right now it's an RM Williams boot.)
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Nothing beats it for effect when you spin into a room. True story. - B Twirling towards freedom.
Thanks to SpooPoker, very nice to deal with and very fast delivery on a sweet suit that was exactly as described. Spoo, you're my boy!
This was my first time at BWS, and I have to say it was more sedate than what I expected. I thought it would be mobs of people trampling on each other, but (at least during business hours) it was very managable.
I'll bump my thread with a second question. I've read that a windowpane pattern should be avoided in short guys (I'm 5'6") because it makes them look shorter. I'm inclined to think this is BS because the same prevailing wisdom is that pant cuffs make guys look shorter and that pinstripes makes guys look taller, and I don't feel this when I look in the mirror (I also don't really like pinstripes.) Any thoughts on the matter?
While I don't think yellow pants are my style (at the moment), you pull them off well. I think the key is keeping the shirt and jacket more sedate and simple, since the pants are so adventurous.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo Shoes/pants from today. The pants are a nice olive/brown melange. The color of those pants is great... Quote: Originally Posted by IST66 +1 on the compliments of the tie.
Quote: Originally Posted by texas_jack I have a forest green corduroy jacket which I wear a lot. No suit though, I can't imagine where I would wear it. I agree, while a corduroy suit really isn't my style, I think corduroy jackets look great.
It wouldn't be the first or even third thing I'd reach for for either business or a night out on the town, but if it fits your style go for it. It may be something I'd consider down the road if I get tired of other fabrics and want to experiment.