or Connect

Posts by tim_horton

In need of some advice. I'm thinking of commissioning my first (and only) bespoke overcoat for next winter, either from NSM or Ercole, and am looking for input on swatch books to look out for. I'm thinking navy or midnight blue, plain or subtle and small herringbone. For suiting, I've been pretty happy with Lesser and Minnis, so sonething from either would be great.
I think I've found my One Watch. I have no desire to wear any of my others anymore (not that I really have an extensive collection), and can't really think of finding another one in the future to supplant it.
Very nice. If I wasn't set for mid-grey winter suits, I'd be in for a suit's length.
Nothing wrong with a cotton suit, especially in blue, but the fit is bad, as noted.
I looked through a Cacciopoli book at my recent NSM visit, and it was very tasty. In particular, a navy cotton and a tobacco brown linen.
Thanks for the input. I am pretty sure I saw a Caccioppoli book at my last NSM visit. As for a bespoke cotton suit, I haven't found anything that fits off the rack, I'm BSAS (broad-shouldered and short.) And I like the worn-in look a cotton suit gets over time. This wouldn't be for business, or daily wear.
Can anyone recommend a good source of fabric for a cotton suit? Preferably one carried by NSM. Looking for brown cotton suiting material.
It's fine as a business suit. I prefer pick and pick to birdseye but that's just me.
I either keep my jacket on, or exchange it for a lab coat. All my suits are cut for suspenders, and my co-workers think I'm overdressed as it is without waving suspenders in their faces.
Voxsartoria posted about doing this a while back.