or Connect

Posts by tim_horton

Congrats! Excellent choice.
The Orion is a fantastic dress watch. Not just in terms of bang for buck, just fantastic overall. It's more attractive than many watches that are far more expensive. It is a great first step into the world of nice watches and it may be the only step you'll need to take.
Langematik Big Date, black dial, rose gold case.
I don't own one, I am admiring it from afar. But if I were to get a Reverso, that would be the one I would want.It would be very hard to justify owning two rectangular rose gold watches with a white dial and moon phase complication without admitting to myself that I have a problem.
Clearly, the numerals were hand-applied by Heaven's most skilled artisanal angels.
I've sworn to limit my watch collection to a small number, and I already have a watch that is similar in shape and spirit to the sun moon, but by God it is testing me. It is like an animated historiated initial at the beginning of the greatest story ever written. Maybe the black dial version is different enough to justify it... I usually prefer white dials for dress watches but the font on the black dial is incredible.
So, is the (small) Sun Moon the nicest version of the Reverso ever made, or what?
NOMOS was my introduction to watches. I don't know if they are special but while I have picked up some "superior" pieces, I will never get rid of my Orion 35mm and wear it regularly. Its look just speaks to me. A simple, classically small three-hander but the gold markers and blue hands make it stand out just enough to make it unique. I would take it over most watches that are considered classics. I have a couple of other NOMOS pieces: the Zurich Blaugold, which I like...
Awesome, thanks.
In need of some advice. I'm thinking of commissioning my first (and only) bespoke overcoat for next winter, either from NSM or Ercole, and am looking for input on swatch books to look out for. I'm thinking navy or midnight blue, plain or subtle and small herringbone. For suiting, I've been pretty happy with Lesser and Minnis, so sonething from either would be great.