or Connect

Posts by tim_horton

At least they're not offered in navy.
I tried on some Ring Jacket stuff at the Armoury in NYC. For reference, I'm a 42 S in most suits and sportcoats; 5'6"; broad in the shoulders, chest and back. -I was a 42 in the AMJ model sports coat. The length of the jacket is short; I'm 5'6" and it was perfect for me. -I was an XXL in the "pea coat" (really a bridge coat) and even then over a sweater it's a tad on the snug side, but still comfortable.
I like it a lot. I have a similar RL Black label coat, in wool instead of cashmere. I agree about the buttons, I would swap them out (which is what I did with mine.)
Hello, some sizing help on the Detroit last would be appreciated. I'm a 10UK on the Forest, Alcudia, and Simpson lasts, and a 9.5UK on the Rain. I'm guessing I'd be a 9.5UK on the Detroit as well?
It's cool, I plan to swing by today.
To anyone who's been to the NYC store, do they have a nice selection of overcoats? I'm looking for a camel double breasted coat. Preferably one that ends at the knee. Billy Reid has one but it runs very small and they're out of my size.
My DB brown Casentino coat arrived today - Greg was great about my sizing snafu (it fits really snug.) For future buyers, I'm a size 42/52 in suits and I needed a 56. The color is great, it's a nice mix between beige and brown.
I like squares 1,2, and 6, and to a lesser extent 5. 7 looks like a tie pattern to me, just an opinion. Stick with the original tie, it's a classic.
Heh, I suppose I could do that - it would go with the casual nature of the jacket. But I think it would a bit odd what with the thickness of the material.It's too bad the buttons are working, it's a fantastic looking jacket and I was looking for a brown overcoat.
Hmm, that's what I was afraid of.I think I could find someone in NYC to do it but I'm worried it will look a bit off if I have to shorten it too much. I wouldn't want them any longer than 24 inches, and really 22 inches would be better.