or Connect

Posts by tim_horton

Looks stunning but I have heard a fair amount of chatter about the reliability of Journe watches (and the extremely high service costs...)
DAMN!
It is 33 mm. My smallest watch is a Nomos Orion which comes in at 35mm, and I've never thought it was too small (maybe because it was my first watch.) I have tried on a Calatrava 5022 which is also 33m, and it seemed delicate but not too small for a dress watch.
If I were in the market for a Patek Philippe, I think I'd go for the 5096. Very traditional Calatrava dial and hands, manual wind, no distracting date window or central seconds hand, and there's no quibbling about what case material to get as it only comes in yellow gold. (not my pics) An added advantage is that it comes from an era before Patek's quality went the dogs...
Please speak for yourself. I don't personally know mafoofan from Adam, but he knows watches, and his input in this thread is very welcome.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. It's a shame that JLC went automatic for their new time-only Reversos.
For the JLC afficionados: I've been looking at the standard used watch sources for a specific Reverso model - the Grande Taille. I've seen it in the metal, and one of the things I like about it was the guilloche dial. Most of the ones I've seen online that are for sale look like they don't have the guilloche dial. Are there two versions of this watch?
^ Love those straps.
I swung by the F.P. Journe Boutique yesterday. I saw the new and old dial versions of the Chronometre Souverain, and the current version of the Resonance. Though I've never seen it in person, I think the older dial is preferable. That and the Octa Reserve de Marche remain my favorite Journe pieces (not my pics): The Resonance is great from a horological perspective but I think it would be a hassle to set and wind. For some reason, I think the RDM would be nicer as a...
I agree, the Seamaster wears small for it's size, which is a big plus for me. That thickness, though...