or Connect

Posts by oceansaway

An SA at the Mansion told me last week that Black Label was being incorporated into Purple Label.
I'm afraid this is about more than items from different eras fitting differently. Two pair of RRL jeans or chinos of the same model and in the same size will often fit significantly different!
It's odd how some seasonal items never go on sale and are pulled from the web site. For instance, the two-tone black and grey sweatshirt from the fall collection never went on sale and has now vanished--along with a lot of other items--from the site. What are they doing with this stuff? Do they move it to the stores?
I can't understand how Ralph Lauren, which touts its "legendary customer service," can have such a lousy customer service center, with such clueless reps. The company may as well offshore their customer service to the Philippines or India.
How original: a designer private sale where everything's full price.
Just received the field chino today. They're much more of an olive color than what's depicted on the web site. RRL online seems to have a problem depicting olive; it always looks brown instead. They're definitely heavyweight, though quite soft. The faille is almost like a super fine corduroy. The button fly has metal buttons.One thing that annoys me about RRL chinos is that, on me at least, the waist -- the top block -- is always loose, even when the rest of the pant fits...
Looking through the merchandise, it seems like a pretty meager private sale, compared with private sales of yore.
Yet another RRL location opening in New York - this time in Brooklyn. Really? Is that necessary? How about a store or two outside of NY?
I know this has to be bogus, but what is the specific scam? Counterfeit goods? http://www.ralphlaurenclearancestore.com/Ralph-Lauren-Men/Ralph-Lauren-Men-RRL
I don't think you can compare fits across labels. The RRL officer chino has a lower rise and a slimmer leg than blue label classic chinos.