or Connect

Posts by oceansaway

Thanks for the citation. It might be splitting hairs, but I'm not sure I would infer from that quote that they're preparing to whack the label.
I have not seen this in the press. Who said this, and when?
I'd be surprised if they terminated RRL. Maybe it will be more focused, which would be a good thing. I like the eclecticism, but some of the stuff is good for costume parties and little else. Maybe Johnny Depp wears it.If I had to guess, I'd say they'll chop RLX - since Polo Sport has been reintroduced - as well as Denim and Supply. Club Monaco will probably be sold.
A lot of the straight leg stuff has been denim pants, not five-pocket jeans, while the LE releases have typically been either rigid and/or based on some 1880s anti-fit. RRL reserves the good washes for the slim stuff, unfortunately.
RRL has a continuing obsession with slim fit jeans. Consequently, and unfortunately, I've had to switch to the Citizens of Humanity "Sid" jean, since I can't get a decent pair of straight leg jeans from RRL!! Would love to complain to the RRL design team, though I have no idea where I would send my beef.
So, they cancelled my RRL order and for compensation gave me - wait for it - free shipping on my next order. As if shipping for RRL isn't usually free already. And in any case I have Shoprunner. Lame.
The tide is finally going out on men's slim-fit pants, according to the Economist. It's about time. Maybe we can expect some non-ankle-hugging denim from RRL in the next season or two.
Seriously? http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=90496826
we're looking for summer, not spring
I don't see that RRL makes a "slim straight" any longer. They make the "slim fit" and the "slim narrow" (as well as the low straight and straight fit). The straight fit, by the way, has the highest rise.