or Connect

Posts by oceansaway

Low Straights, not Straight Legs.
So I picked up a pair of the RRL Northwest Cargo Pant. They're described as having a "trim" fit, which they really don't. That's ok, because I prefer straight over slim. (In the RL vernacular, I think "trim" is supposed to be less slim than "slim"). But they have an absurdly high rise. http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19505056
The selection of straight leg models is lousy this season. There's only two online, and one of them, the bright sky, looks like an 80s wash.
I agree. It's nothing but a bunch of pretty boys buying their RRL slim fit trousers two (2) sizes too small and then asking, endlessly, if their pants will stretch out.
I suppose this activity, reselling, has some economic value, as it bridges a gap between supply and demand that might otherwise end up as slack. That doesn't mean I have to like it, and I don't. Enough said for one evening.
You guys just don't get it. This isn't about me missing out on a sale item. I'm just making a general statement on resellers. I think you guys are like used car salesmen and ticket scalpers. I hate to overuse the 'vulture' analogy, but it works well.
I never said you "attacked" me. You simply don't understand what I'm trying to get across, which is that I find resellers distasteful. Now I see you're one yourself, which explains your defensive reaction. Look how turning up the soil makes the earthworms squirm!
I can assure you I don't make a living by 'selling some shitty product or doing some bullshit service.' Your excuses are your own, scalper.
Look pal, thanks for the fatherly advice, but you're way off the mark. This has nothing to do with not being able to afford the items. I've probably been shopping RL longer than you've been alive.It's just that, in my opinion, resellers are the lowest of the low, along with ticket scalpers (and parasites and leeches). And like scalpers, they act like they're doing everyone a big favor by sucking up supply and then ripping people off. They should get out of the sewer and...
How can I buy it on the third markdown before the resellers swoop in like vultures / scurry around like rats and snatch up every last item? Say, do you also scalp Van Halen tickets outside the arena on weekends?